Intan HUD Issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many/most of the Intan systems in dance clubs offer a HUD that can be worn which I find extremely helpful if I need to resynch a dance or change dances instead of having to locate the club Intan which can sometimes be tricky in crowded clubs.

I recently ran into an issue that I am trying to troubleshoot:  The Intan HUD works at most places were I go but there are a couple of places (where their Intan offers the HUD) that the HUD does not work.  At first I thought perhaps it was due to scripts being turned off at the clubs where it does not work, but my other HUDS (AO & Mystitool) both work fine there and the Intan HUD works at other clubs where scripts are turned off.  Thinking perhaps my Intan HUD had become corrupted, I got another one *at* one of the clubs where the HUD did not work.  The new HUD did not work there either, but worked at other places.

The next thing I tried was attaching the HUD at my home (where scripts are turned on for me), then going to the club where it does not work.  The HUD worked very briefly when I arrived with it already attached, but then quit operating.  So, would it be the specific club/s that is the issue and if so, why does the HUD work at some clubs where scripting is turned off (if that is the reason) but not at others?

Many thanks in advance for suggestions as I have been scratching my head about this for a few days.

I run into this occasionally.

I wonder if one explanation could be no free script time in the club and the request is simply dieing?  It is usually at crowded clubs I see the failure.

On the other hand I have a remote that has started acting funny.  It's set to "touch," but a left click touch isn't working.  I'm having to right click, choose 'touch' from the pie menu.  I probably should take some time to figure it out.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I wonder if one explanation could be no free script time in the club and the request is simply dieing?  It is usually at crowded clubs I see the failure.

On the other hand I have a remote that has started acting funny.  It's set to "touch," but a left click touch isn't working.  I'm having to right click, choose 'touch' from the pie menu.  I probably should take some time to figure it out.

Interestingly the main club this has happened in is during a time no one else is there, at least in the club.  This club also rents sky homes; when viewed on the map there are always a lot of "green dots" in the area, but none in or around the club so I assume they are residents on the sim so this could account for the no free script time.

Thank you for your response, Perrie...I've been trying different things to troubleshoot this issue and had run out of more ideas.  I also tried to edit the HUD and reset the scripts but the menu selection to do that was grayed out so the HUD is likely no mod.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Interestingly the main club this has happened in is during a time no one else is there, at least in the club.  This club also rents sky homes; when viewed on the map there are always a lot of "green dots" in the area, but none in or around the club so I assume they are residents on the sim so this could account for the no free script time.

Thank you for your response, Perrie...I've been trying different things to troubleshoot this issue and had run out of more ideas.  I also tried to edit the HUD and reset the scripts but the menu selection to do that was grayed out so the HUD is likely no mod.

You are correct, the HUD is no mod.

One of those itty bitty issues it would be AWESOME if LL could fix, being able to reset scripts in no mod objects.

Do you think a JIRA might help.   ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

You are correct, the HUD is no mod.

One of those itty bitty issues it would be AWESOME if LL could fix, being able to reset scripts in no mod objects.

Do you think a JIRA might help.  
;)

High 5 Smiley.gif

smiley-laughing024.gif

attachments only work in no script areas like that if they take controls, and the Intan HUDs don't do this.

you already noticed that Intan uses a no mod HUD, so you can't stick your own take controls script in there. the TiS dance HUDs have the same limiitation, no controls taken and no mod.

if you want to discover on your own what attachments will work in no script areas, Advanced>Release Keys will detach anything that took controls. anything left attached didn't take them, and won't work.

the no scripts flag is very limited, it only disables scripts in the zone up to 50 meters above the ground. so the no scripts flag doesn't do anything at all in skybox clubs.

both of these HUDs by their nature probably use a simple protocol, so maybe they can be reverse engineered and simple substitutes made that work in no script areas. that could be a nice rainy day project for someone. i've been almost annoyed enough to look at it myself but have a long list of rainy day projects on top of that.

if someone wants to take this up, here are the details and it is pretty simple.

Intan remote HUD sends chat commands to channel -1775, you can decide if say, shout, regionsay makes sense for you.

re-sync button sends "HUD RESYNC"

menu button sends "HUD MENU"

filter button sends "HUD FILTER"

group button sends "HUD SYNC"

sequence button sends "HUD SEQUENCE"

random button sends "HUD RANDOM"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.