THE BEST CAT EVER!!!

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Great video!  Thank you for posting this!

I especially liked the leap over the Rottweiler move.  I owned a Doberman years ago who was absolutely terrified of cats, so when I adopted a cat from the Humane Society, the Dobie was NOT a happy camper.  Those two (Doberman and the cat) finally reached a detente of sorts.         

Coby Foden wrote:

Meow...   :catlol:  :catwink:

I am laughing so hard!!!!!!  That is EXACTLY the situation I had with my Doberman and cat.  That particular cat years ago was very mellow and never hissed at the Dobie (at least in my presence...lol) nor batted at the Dobie but she was terrified of *any* cat.  I wonder what it is that cats do that spook some dogs so much.

A more recent story - I kept my parents Bichon for several days some  years back and I now have a different cat than the one in the Dobie story.  When I first brought the dog in the house the cat hid under the bed for awhile.  The dog curled up on the floor next to my computer chair.  After awhile the cat came sloooooowly creeping around the wall.  The dog went on full alert, began whimpering, and inched closer to me.  When the cat saw that reaction she crouched down and walked toward him; the dog became very anxious so I put the cat back in the bedroom.  This scenario played out several times during the dog's visit.

Yes, loved the video Coby. 

We had a cat, Mittens (she had an extra toe on each paw), who was best friends with our 95 lb German Sheppard.  She would ambush him by leaping out from behind a tree when he ran by when we threw the frisbee for him.  She also would throw herself down on her back in front of him and paw at his muzzle.  They slept together and you knew when her claws dug too deep when she kneaded him because he would leap up out of bed with a yelp.

Soon after we moved to a new house Mittens was laying on the ground in front of a big pine tree in the front yard when this aggressive 30 lb dog from across the street started charging toward her.  She nonchalantly stood up and waited for the dog who started slowing down the closer it got to her.  He stopped about 5 or 6 feet from her and didn't know what to do since she hadn't run.  Completely confused he stiffly, cautiously walked away until he was a safe distance away and then kicked up some grass and dirt with his back feet, trying to still act macho.

After we had to put down our German Sheppard a neighbor, who was involved with the local animal shelter, brought by a dog for us who looked similar to the aggressive dog across the street.  This dog was used to chasing cats so when she spotted Mittens on the railing on the front porch she tried to chase her but the neighbor had her on a leash.  Mittens arched her back, growled and leaped onto the trespassing dog's back.  The dog freaked out but couldn't get away and Mittens was upset cause this dog didn't leave her yard.  It took several months before the cat and dog became companions and stopped giving the other a wide berth when passing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.