3DS Max and Mental ray help

Anakin Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, its been a while since i have been around on the SL Forums... 

But i am neeeding some desperate help from those of u that use 3DS max and mental ray. 

My issues are in the application of course, i have created a modern office style building..my issies are with the lighting making my colors reflect when i bake .... i render with mnetal ray

I use a moni set up.. and inverse settings.. as shown i have posted the maps... 

1 is the diffuse and 1 is the complete map ...witht he blue circles are the area where its  blurring and refelecting on  another texture.. 

diffuse.jpgcomplete.jpg

Now this is what the modern build looks like in my application.. 

betabuild-03.jpgbetabuild-04.jpg

Any help is greatly apppreciated, if u want  to see a pic of it inworld let me know... thanks to all 

Anakin Crystal wrote:

this  happpenens when i use " complete map... i even baked a diffuse and a ambient, still had a refelective color...  

I don't understand. In the first picture you posted, the diffuse render, I don't see it.

Anyway, you don't want to play with the precision of the Final Gather. You want to eliminate the indirect illumination. So under Rendering, choose Indirect Illumination then uncheck the box Enable Final Gather. I think that will fix your issue.

Of course that makes everything darker, since no light will reflect from one surface to another.

Getting the lighting and its settings just right is often a trial and error experience for me.

A workaround would be to render the diffuse, shadow and ambient and possibly lighting maps separately then combining them in Photoshop or Gimp. That way you have absolutely no reflecting colours and you have full control over the amount/darkness of your shadows and ambient occlusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.