A SUGGESTION .... Please consider it

Brooke323

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont know if im putting this in the wrong topic..but i have a suggestion & i hope u will consider it ...TY

when i purchase items inworld they dont go 2 my RECEIVE FOLDER..they go in2 the INVENTORY..if SL crashes or i need 2 log off...& i come back..its difficult for me to find the items i had just purchased bcaz they r no longer in the RECENT FOLDER(  i have to look thru my entire inventory which i hate to admit but its quite large...my suggestion to u is if its possible..which i think it would b possible..is to have the word NEW next to the items i just purchased & that the word NEW remains there untill i open up the folder or i could rename the folder or delete the word NEW. PLEASE PLEASE consider this!! it would make mine & im sure others inworld purchases soo much easier to find! 

TY 

When you receive items in SL they go to the System Folder of relevance -  notecards go to Notecards folder, landmarks to Landmarks folder, objects to Objects folder.

The Received Items folder works a little differently - the 'New' labels are added locally, and stored within the client (your SL inventory does not know that it is 'new'). It would be quite ridiculous to have your entire inventory mirrored locally in this way - it would be slower, and be more likely to desynchronise with the asset server. Adding the 'New' tags to the asset server would also be unworkable, since Aquisition Date is not retrieved as part of an inventory fetch (without filters).

Filtering the inventory by date IS possible already, through the 'Gear' icon of your inventory. These fetches are much slower (obviously), and would not be suited to being used 'full time' for residents who prefer high(er) speed inventory access.

More importantly, note that no-one from Linden Lab will respond to this post - they never do. There is also no mechanism to offer suggestions or feature requests to Second Life.

Yeah, you put this in the wrong place... but, as you have noticed, it is hard to know where to put feature requests, more  on that below.

The quick way to find new things in inventory is to use the RECENT button at the top of inventory. By clicking the gear, near the left bottom of inventory, you can change what the viewer thinks is 'recent'. By default the viewer thinks 'recent' means the current login secession. But, you can change that to any number of hours or days. The change is not sticky.

-----------

Your wording indicates you think you are addressing the Lab's support personnel. That is not the case. I think it is a near certainty that none of the support people can take time to look through the forum.

Since you are recommending a change to the viewer, you need to be talking to the software engineers. There are some Linden programmers and managers that might follow parts of the forum, but generally they just follow those parts of the forum that are about their projects. A few Lindens, like 1% or less I’m guessing, may actually read the forum for recreational purposes rather than just work related reading.

This forum is mostly read by and responses are from SL users. We can't change the SL System.

Feature requests, and system changes are just that, are only brought to the software engineers attention when posted in the JIRA. Your SL login info will get you logged into the JIRA. Post a ‘bug report’ with the words feature request in the title. This will make it onto the list of requested features kept by the Lindens. If there are enough requests made, they will consider. In any event, it will come to the attention of people that can do something about it.

You may also notice that a feature request is quickly closed. The ‘resolution’ is never accurate. The JIRA system is for bugs and does not lend itself to communicating how feature requests are being handled. No matter what reason is given for closing the JIRA item, the feature request has made it to the Linden list of requested features, or at least was added to the count for that feature.

AVOID expecting a response or quick action.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.