I saw some two story linden homes on the same sim I live on and wondered if I could upgrade to one.

Cheri Dirval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Over the hill from me on the same sim is some much bigger homes than the one I am in,,,the info said they are there for premium members and I am one. so wondered if I could move there?  They are Brick and in a really nice neighborhood.  but on the same sim.  is this possible for me to move there?  can i ?   one of the parcel Ids is 14ea4826-feae-96c1-721d-9bfed1398cc9     i was standing outside on the lawn when i got that number....I would really like to go there rather than where I am if possible.

4 answers to this question

The Meadowbrook theme Linden Homes come in two or three varieties, at least one of which is two-story, if I remember correctly.  You can never specifiy exactly which home you will get when you register, but you can change homes up to 5 times a day until you get one that you like.  Just stand in your home, pick up all your stuff, and then open About Land >>> General and click Abandon Land to get rid of the house you have now.  Then register for a new one, specifying the style.  If you don't like what you get, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Getting a two story Linden Home is, as Rolig says, a crapshoot...because you can only choose the overall theme (if any homes are available in that theme.)  Location, and variations within that theme, can't be selected.  You get what you get.

There is another option.  Abandon your Linden Home and buy a parcel of land on the Mainland, then buy the home you want, or build it yourself.  There are two drawbacks to this:  You do have to pay an initial purchase price, which can vary depending on the land's desirability.  Also, in a Linden Home, the prims of the house itself don't count against your prim usage, you get a full 117 prims to use for decorating.  Elsewhere on the mainland, the prims of your house DO count against the land's carrying capacity.

But there are some benefits, too.  You don't have the restrictions of a Linden Home...you can have a skybox, or any style of home you want, from a treehouse to a mansion.  You can have a commercial build, and set up a store or a club.  And you may have fewer neighbors and less lag.  You can also buy a larger parcel of land and have more prims and square meters to play with...although you WILL incur a monthly land fee on land in excess of 512 square meters.

• Like 1

Hi Cheri,

I have never seen a mixture of Linden Home Types on the same sim. It would defeat the purpose of the themed communities. In fact, it's normal for there to be parklands between the different communities but perhaps they are quite close or adjoining where you are. There are hundreds of adjoining sims on each Linden Home continent so it's more likely your home overlooks a sim of Meadowbrook homes.

There are in fact nine Meadowbrook styles of which the two-floor variants are the most popular. I think the  Quad may be the only single-storey one and it's not that popular because of its closely shared space and the inability for friends to select each section of a Quad.

Meadowbrook Homes are by far the most popular Type. Consequently, Linden Lab built hundreds more sims of Meadowbrook Homes on each continent than any other Type when they eventually realised this but even still, shortages can occur (many threads on this) so if this happens, you may have to be patient and check regularly. Either Abandon your existing home and claim or wait for a Meadowbrook home or continue living where you are and use a non-Premium alt to check availability and if what you want is available, log in, collect belongings and Abandon before claiming the new home, which hopefully will not have been claimed in the meantime.

Here is the Linden Home FAQ: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103

Teleport around the Meadowbrook sims and see which type appeals to you. I'll happily show you mine if you IM me inworld and we're on same time. I was lucky first time and got one beside the sea and some parkland but it's hit and miss.

PS: What Lindal said is incorrect in relation to choosing a Linden Home. You can select Styles within a Theme and the home selector will show you what Styles are available.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.