Research Participants Required

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All!

I am an undergraduate student at York University. My name is Lara (BellaClair Mynx in-world) and I can be
contacted at leb@yorku.ca

I  am taking the course HH/PSYC4170. As a course requirement, I am working  on a project entitled “Under Construction: Body Image and Self Representation in Virtual Worlds.” I am collecting information on how
people represent themselves through their avatars in Second Life.

•    You will need to have Second Life open to answer some of the questions. 
•    Additionally, you will be required to upload a headless picture of your avatar.

Questions do not ask for confidential self or avatar identifying information

Your responses will only be used for this study and no future studies or commercial purposes. I am therefore asking if you would agree to participate in my research by answering the questionnaire.

The questionnaire has (60) questions and should take about (10-15) minutes to complete. 

The survey will be conducted using SurveyGizmo, a cloud web-based survey solution. To help protect your confidentiality, all IP addresses, geo-location etc. are hidden from both me and the company.

I can tell you that your response may be included in the paper I will write at the conclusion of this assignment.

There are no foreseeable risks involved in participating, however some may find questions about image uncomfortable.

Here is the URL should you choose to participate http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1505307/Under-Construction-Body-image-and-Self-Representation-in-Virtual-Worlds

If  you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at leb@yorku.ca or my professor, Alistair Mapp at amapp@yorku.ca

THANK YOU in advance for your help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.