Sign in to follow this  
lolachiq

Lost password, email no longer active?

Question

Well, you managed to log in here, and the forums use the same password as your SL viewer.  You should be able to log in with no trouble at all.  Have you tried?

If you have, and you can't get in, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.1   .  Since your e-mail account is closed, you'll need to give Linden Lab that information when you file a support ticket, as directed.

4 answers to this question

Well, you managed to log in here, and the forums use the same password as your SL viewer.  You should be able to log in with no trouble at all.  Have you tried?

If you have, and you can't get in, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.1   .  Since your e-mail account is closed, you'll need to give Linden Lab that information when you file a support ticket, as directed.

You CAN usually go into your web browser, which if you're lucky will have the saved password stored somewhere. Its not hard to find, you can usually find out how to locate the information by just doing a gogle search for "locate stored passwords on (insert web browser here), I had to do it that way when i switched browsers myself, just went back into Google Chrome and viewed the passwords after I found out how...
Second piece of advice, ALWAYS....ALWAYS keep a written copy of all of your log in info, update it, and change passwords often.

I just reinstalled my Firestorm and I lost my password through the viewer.  Can you please help?

I have tried nto use the reset password but get no resonse sent to my setup email accouny melonygrant Irocketmail,com.  Please help

That's why Firestorm has a Backup function. It saves all your settings, including your password. When you update or reinstall, all you have to do is click the Restore button. If you haven't saved a backup, though, the next best thing to do is follow Eric's advice, in the post right above yours. With any luck, your password is saved in your browser -- in fact, you must have used it to log in here. ;)