I keep crashing and it says" texture failed to load due to insufficient memory".

HotCocoa Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep crashing every few minutes and before it freezes up I see that  " texture failed to load due to insufficient memory".  in the lower right  bottom of the screen. I have no idea why this keeps happening. My pc has more than enough memory for sl so what is generating this error and how do I fix it? Thx in advance for a any help! 

3 answers to this question

This error is followed by a number, which indicates how many textures have been discarded. Once it appears, you'll find that other textures will fail to rez in, and in many cases, shortly after the error message appears, you will crash out.

What Does It Mean?

The message is fairly self explanatory; it means you have run out of available memory - graphics memory, specifically. Now some say, “but I have 2GB, isn't that enough?” Well, no, since no viewer ever uses more than 512MB.

You are also liable to get this if your dedicated graphics memory is low. Consult your computer manual to find out how much dedicated graphics memory you have; less than 512MB is likely to be problematic. The less dedicated memory you have, the more likely you are to have this issue.

How Do I Fix it? 

See http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_textures_discarded

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.