Sign in to follow this  
Coosnok Drammond

What Viewer can I use that does not use SSE2 ?

Question

SSE2 was introduced into AMD processors in 2006.  It doesn't matter whether your CPU is Intel or AMD, what matters is that your computer is an absolute dinosaur.

It's way past time to upgrade.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

SSE2 was introduced into AMD processors in 2006.  It doesn't matter whether your CPU is Intel or AMD, what matters is that your computer is an absolute dinosaur.

It's way past time to upgrade.

• Like 1

I'm afraid Lindal is right. SSE2 is an industry standard, not an Intel or AMD/ATI thing.  Computers without SSE2 haven't been manufactured for a decade now, so they are hard to find these days.  Not only that, but your processor, with only 1GB of memory, is much too small to handle any modern SL viewer.  Linden Lab now recommends 3 GB.  It's time for a new machine.

• Like 1

sse2 is built into your processor chip, its not sometihng you can add. Pretty much all processors use sse2 now so the brand doesn't matter, its the age. I think your only choice is to upgrade your computer. And like stated above a computer with under a gig of processing power and 1 gig of ram is not going to run sl very well if at all. Now adays you need at least a 2 gig processor, 2 gigs of ram and a dedicated video card for sl to work half way decent.