Ban Lines

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

"only 50" was wrong, and that numbers in the wiki were too. The real heights are current ground elevation
plus
50 meters
for most types of ban lines
, current ground elevation
plus
5000 meters for explicit ban by name.

I'm a little confused here?  I was only aware of one type of ban line.

Now I am wondering what the Wiki means when it states, ""Maximum "NO ENTRY" ban line height: is for all options 80 meter." 

What options?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the land is set for no public access, group only, pay to enter, etc., then the ban fence extends 50 meters over the ground. You will be told what kind of access restriction you hit if you are in the same region, but if you try to enter one of these across a region boundary there is only a gneeric message that calls it a "banned parcel".

If you are listed by name in a parcel's ban list, then the ban fence extends 5000 meters over the ground.

ban line_001.jpg

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

If the land is set for no public access, group only, pay to enter, etc., then the ban fence extends 50 meters over the ground. You will be told what kind of access restriction you hit if you are in the same region, but if you try to enter one of these across a region boundary there is only a gneeric message that calls it a "banned parcel".

If you are listed by name in a parcel's ban list, then the ban fence extends 5000 meters over the ground.

Right.  Perhaps a touch of gramatical semantics. 

I was just checking a parcel near me and want to add the height of the ban line follows the contour of the land.

On the right side of this parcel which is under water, the terrain at 0 meters, I could cross at 50 meters.  On the left side which the side of the hill is about 50 Meters, I could not cross till I reached 100 meters. (numbers are rounded off).

ETA, I see you edited the Wiki.  Kudos!

• 6 months later...

In My opinion as a reasonable thinking person ban lines are there basically for an immediate solution to a particular problem. for example an undesirable person enters your private space it is relitively easy to simply turn them on and get rid of the offending party. However as a long term solution to a recurring invasion of privacy they are not very satisfactory.  My security orb has far greater effect, initially warning a person and if they continue to persist tping them home. what is also nice about most orbs is they can be configured to cover anything from height 0m right up to 3000 m and all points between. Thus making them far more efficient and community freindly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.