Adding security to apartment rooms

hh3000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know what rental system you might have but for Hippo Rental there is this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hippoTELEPORT-Advanced-Intrasim-Teleport-System-New-version-19/106415

If you're using CasperLet Rentals then here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CasperLet-Map-Teleporter/5149080

If you're using something else then:

You'll have to look around and find Group only teleporting systems so that tenants in the group can teleport to their apartment

Your best bet is to buy one that works with your rental box that restricts use of the tp automatically when the apartment is rented and opens it back to everyone when the apartment is available to rent so that you don't have to set up the teleporter every time you rent an apartment and remove the tenant when he leaves. 

Allow tenants and their partner the ability in your rental/land group to set their home there and they won't need a tp other than to get there the first time.  I also wouldn't worry so much about friends.  Most people will just tp them in when they want them to visit rather than give them 24/7 access.  If they do want to grant 24/7 access, a simple landmark will suffice.

I want to say that would be in the scripting department. I remember working with someone's script a few years back and it allowed you to communicate with it on a different wavelength (ex. /110 Hello). I am pretty sure that there would be a simpler way that involves editing the source script and settting access for certain floors. In the end, it will depend on how your apartment is set up. I am imagining a buzz call system that makes each of the buttons a personal TP for the tenant associated with it. I would help you out with the script itself, but I am not experienced at all with the actual creation of scripts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.