Buying a name? Is it allowed?

BlazeDiab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I made my account in late 2009, and soon realized that there used to be 'Legacy names' aka non 'Resident' names, like some of my friends... At the start it wasn't bugging me so much.... but now I really want to get an account with Legacy account... I wanted to ask if it is allowed to buy accounts? Is it safe to buy an account? How to ensure not getting scammed? Please help... Thank you! :D

5 answers to this question

Hi Blaze,

The Second Life Terms of Service do not allow for the transfer of an account from one person to another.

Last names are available for a very high price, as you'll see here...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Custom_Name_Program

Be happy with the name you have and spend your Lindens making you and your friends happy. Even your Second Life is too short to worry about things you can't change.

Have fun!

• Like 2

"Hello, I made my account in late 2009, and soon realized that there used to be 'Legacy names' aka non 'Resident' names"

If you registered  2009 you would have a legacy name as that changed near the end of 2010.

ADDED: Your registration DoB is 10/15/2011. Thats 2 years after what you said. We do check these things. ANSWER: No and if you purchase a name and LL find out, you will be banned from SL permanently.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.