im welling to pay 150$ for one can help me with clear steps !

harmony Palmira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi every one . im not sure if what im saying good or maybe i should not saying that . but i realy tried hard 2 get what i want and i fail !  . im pro hair mesher worked with alot of games i can creat them very well . now for sl i dont know how strat submit them !  i got the full model ready my problem is the weighting  process ( skining ) also how 2 upload it in sl correctly ! . i got the skeleton avatar from wiz daxter site wich it look like that http://gyazo.com/9a0eecb832dde5a5ce6cb4ddb13e8a34 but i feel its not corectly one since no map texture one it also can soom in avatar ! somthing strange .so now if any one can make me get the right skeleton for 3ds max 12 or help me with small steps to move on i will thank u with paying u . thank u all

Since you aren't the first to ask lately (the other folks didn't get any replies) I am guessing you are on your own. You never know though.

It does appear that your avatar model is NOT the correct one -- at least not the one we see all the time. A search for SL avatar. I know there is one for clothes maker but I don't do clothes.

A quick search lead me to this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/if-you-need-a-3d-model-of-second-life-avatar-where-you-find-it/qaq-p/986483

You need to understand that the folks that have spent weeks learning how to rig long hair will not likely be happy to share their findings. Most of them ARE in business. I certainly understand that.

Keep looking and experimenting. Folks seem to figure it out. Not my thing :D

The model in your picture should be just fine, you should be able to fix the shading by unifying the smoothing groups and/or normals of the editable poly. That won't interfere with the skin modifier which is higher in the stack.

Adding maps is not an issue either, the model should be perfectly UV mapped, so you can add any texture you like. You can find some here.

Also make sure the scale is correct and the 3ds Max units are set to something metric, preferrably meters. You might want to set the viewport clipping if you use meters, so you can zoom in closely.

Use the correct version of the Autodesk Collada plugin for exporting the DAE files. I think 2013.3 should work fine with 3ds Max 2012. You can find it here.

Don't forget to add all missing bones to the DAE file. 3ds Max doesn't export the unused bones into the DAE file (unless you use a "trick"). You can find information about that here. (The "trick" is also described, although some people seem to have problems with it)

Without you describing what your issues really are, it's hard to give any specific advice.

thank u for ur replays guys .. ok what i belive now or heared from many other that using 3ds max to weighing or exporting mesh is alot of problems . ok well i got blender but the problem i never used it b4 its not like 3ds max  i can model my mesh in 3ds max then import it in blender but all what i need is can any one just tell me the steps for weighing the mesh and export in blender ?  i cant even find from where i start to do that

If you are going to rig hair in Blender, I would suggest getting the Avastar addon for Blender. Avastar was made with SL in mind and works seemlessly with Blender to create SL avatar accessories. Once you install the addon, you will get an option under Add, to add in an Avatar figure to your scene. It is fully rigged and weighted with special tools specifically made for editing the SL avatar. Once you add the Avastar character, you just bring in your hair, line it up on the head, and parent the hair to the Avatar figure. All the weighting is done automatically. You can then go and clean up or change the weighting as needed.

Here is the link to where you can read about and buy Avastar:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/

Here is a link to Gaia Clary's Youtube page, where you can find tons of video tutorials on how to use blender for SL, and Avastar.
 http://www.youtube.com/user/gaiaclary/videos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.