I need major help!!!!!!

smirfette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I've been getting randomly banned from my most favorite places to shop and now today I went shopping and logged for a bit, came back and was trying to take my sister there and we are BOTH banned. It's totally random and I've talked to most of the owners and they all say neither my sister nor I are on their ban list and they don't understand why we are getting the banned message. I've tried different viewers, viewer 3, firestorm, phoenix,  hybrid and the normal Second Life viewer and still banned on all of them. I'm getting quite upset because I've never been banned from anywhere before and it's hindering me greatly in the SL world. Any help/suggestions or is this happening to anyone else?

Mk don't know how to add another comment but I'll just edit it here... Frankly I'm a little offended that you would say I'm not telling you the whole story but it's w/e I understand. I have done NOTHING to get banned and you're welcome to message me in game and you can ask the store owners yourself. But myself my sister and a good friend of mine have all visited the same shops and gone shopping in 3 zones and as soon as we leave we get banned. No one is using fly override, no one is spamming or being disrespectful in any way shape or form let alone talking! We are on skype together at all times so we don't even talk in game when together shopping.  We are in the groups for the shops that we are banned at still in fact two of them I've paid for VIP member status.

Second Edit - 

Yes we have returned and it's a toss up as to weather it allows us or not. Sometimes it does but most of the time it doesn't. I rarely run over 100 count as I like to delete scripts just for that cause so I don't think that could be the issue.

3 answers to this question

Changing viewers won't affect a ban status.

This is very strange, because I know of no way you can be banned from a place without the owner knowing about it.  Maybe you aren't telling us the whole story?

Be that as it may, there are several things a landowner (or you) can do that will ban you, besides actually banning you by name.

• The land may be set to group access only.  Anyone not in the group will be unable to enter.
  • The land may be set to allow only avatars of a certain SL "age" to enter, such as avatars older than 30 days
  • The land may be set to allow only avatars with payment information on file (registering a credit card or a PayPal account with LL).
  • You may have set your Maturity preferences to only allow you to enter General, or General and Moderate regions

Or of course, the land owners may all just be messing with your head, banned you, and are just smiling and saying, "no no, wasn't me."  I give this one a low probability.

Actually, NONE of these would normally apply to a shopping venue, they are more likely to be encountered at clubs.  Store owners WANT your business!  If neither you nor the store owners can figure it out, you should try submitting a support ticket to LL.  Be sure to ask the shop owners to also submit support tickets and reference your name and ticket number.  This may help LL to find out if there is Something Wrong With the System.

Apart from LL maintenance or excessively high script count IDK, have you tried to return later?

ADDED: I kind of scraping the memory here, a name tag or an attachment could maybe be the problem, I seem vaguely to remember something like  this a few years ago. I think about it, USA be online later so may get better results.

At one time a tag that used certain ASCII characters sometimes prevented someone from logging in if you were wearing it.  The remedy in that case was to have someone in world that you can contact from RL, contact the group owner to boot you from the group so the tag was no longer active or having support do it.  I haven't heard of people having this problem lately though or it causing a ban issue.   However, If you are wearing such a tag then it wouldn't hurt to remove it and see if that might be the problem and if it was report the bug on the JIRA.   Otherwise based on what you have said, I'm stumped and the sim owner should contact LL and have them check out the sim for technical problems. They happen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.