as a creator two av account exit in second life ?

denyxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Alts are very handy.  My alt holds half my cash and duplicate copies of my most valuable transferable items.  Steph's right, though.  If you're thinking of using your alt as a garbage dump for storing extra stuff that you are too lazy to discard, you're doing it wrong.  As a creator myself, I know how fast the garbage can pile up.  The best way to stay ahead of it is to set aside an evening once a month for inventory cleaning.  Get rid of all the trial scripts and poorly-textured test objects.  Delete the spare parts and things named "Object".  Wipe out extinct notecards.  I eliminate about 300 items a month just to stay ahead of the clutter.  You can do it.  Have pity on your poor alt.

You can of course transfer anything to your alt that you created entirely yourself.  However, if you bought things such as textures, scripts, animations etc, then you generally can't transfer those full perm. Check your license before you do this   Most full perm licenses forbid you to transfer the item, and the product you make from it, full perm to any other avatar, including your alt and require that you make your item either no copy or no transfer. The problem with this is that if you make something no copy transfer and send it to your alt, then when your alt sends it back to you it will be no copy to you too. 

Maybe a better way to store this stuff is put like items in the contents of a prim, name the prim something you'll remember than take it into your inventory.  You can do this by grouping by category or the date your created it or any system that works for you.  You can literally put hundreds of things in a prim this way and reduce it all to just one item in your inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.