Your Oldest Av?

Krueger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Krueger wrote:

Wow: there are some really old avs here.  I wish I could have been around SL in the early years.  Does anyone have any stories of what it used to be like?  Or screenshots?

A very common occurrence in 2007 was regularly having to pluck one's shoe from one's behind, especially after teleporting.  And then there was the avatar doubled up with one's head *in* one's behind. Good times!! :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: grammar

Krueger wrote:

Does anyone have any stories of what it used to be like?  Or screenshots?

One of the complete avatars available in the Library when I was a newb (2007).

Newbie.jpg

I almost quit!  :smileysurprised:

(I still have that saved in my inventory - I can dig it up always when I need a good laugh.)  :smileytongue:  :smileyvery-happy:

--||-

Krueger wrote:

Wow: there are some really old avs here.  I wish I could have been around SL in the early years.  Does anyone have any stories of what it used to be like?  Or screenshots?

Back in My Day.png

Actually, we didn't like it.  We complained quite a bit and while LL was slow to react (yeah, that never changed) telehubs were done away with for what we have now.  Also, you could get a direct TP but you'd have to get someone who was already there to offer you a TP.  If you couldn't, welcome to the up arrow key.  :-)

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

Krueger wrote:

Back in My Day.png

Actually, we didn't like it.  We complained quite a bit and while LL was slow to react (yeah, that never changed) telehubs were done away with for what we have now.  Also, you could get a direct TP but you'd have to get someone who was already there to offer you a TP.  If you couldn't, welcome to the up arrow key.  :-)

I've read also that they charged for the TP's on the telehubs?????

Perrie Juran wrote:

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

Krueger wrote:

Back in My Day.png

It also snowed all the time, didn't it?

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

They weren't that mean! The telehub system was a free replacement for paid direct teleports. Lindens really wanted people to slow down and mingle, but they never found a great way to make it happen.

Thanks.  I remember now what/where I had read.  http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/Telehubs

I really don't want to take this thread on a tangent but I've always found this comment there very interesting:

"A side benefit Linden Lab had hoped would be that telehubs would help in "urban development", creating more commercial centers around them, and leaving the outskirts of land further away from the "hubs" for residential-type land."

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.