Wanting to Rent - Adult Area Forest/Woods land

Alsyna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new back to SL after a 5 year break and reading up on land. I am looking for an area that is Adult and forest/nature themed, perhaps near water.. I'm not real sure  what a 512/117 prim area is ..ie: 1/8 or 1/4. I joined the premium and have the linden home but my needs are greater haha.. and greater than my knowledge of owning land.. ANY help is appreciated. In world name is Marquesa / Alsyna if you contact me there, but I'll keep an eye on the forums, thanks so much! 

Kindly, 

M

• 2 weeks later...

512 is like your neighbors single car garage, your towns golf course is around 20 acres, thats like a 4096 land size  :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

1/4 thats about the size of a small town, I know it sounds corny but it's about the best to comparing sizes to SL and RL

flux Bashly wrote:

512 is like your neighbors single car garage, 

That's a huge single car carage for a monstrous sized car. Let's do the math:

Square root from 512 m² = 21.6 meters.

So if that area is square, the sides of that area would be 21.6 meters long (about 71 feet).

He also implies a 'small town' would be the same size as 32 single car garages arranged 8x8. I've seen strip-mall carparks with more space than that.

And that a 20-acre golf course (80,936m^2) is (somehow?) equivilent to  4,096m^2. Uuuuuuh... that's a scale of 1:20 - I'd be  3.3 inches tall under this example.

So is everything gigantic? Or is everything in SL ridiculously tiny? BECAUSE I NO LONGER HAVE ANY IDEA.

This guy states that it's both! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.