I would love to know why everyone can see my mesh avi the correct way but me?

Kitty Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am running third party Viewer Singularity 64-bit (most up to date version) and I can not seem my avitar correctly, though everyone else can. and it seems SL has control of when my mic turns on and when it does not. Can someone help me since I can not find the old ticket system either.

2 answers to this question

SL support does not provide any help for Third Party Viewers, of which Singularity is one. If you want Second Life or Linden Lab to help with viewer concerns, you need to be using the default Second Life viewer, available from http://get.secondlife.com

SL support can be reached here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

To your problems:-

Poor avatar appearance loading is typically due to a slow connection.

SL has a keybind (the default is 'middle mouse button') for microphone control. If you don't like this, you can change the bind in Preferences > Media or disable voice entirely. Unplugging your microphone will have the same effect (and is current best practice if you don't want your microphone accessed).

First: 

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

---- Second

There are other Singularity users on the forum. So, asking questions here about Singularity can get you answers. The Lindens seldom answer questions in Answers or other parts of the forum. It is by a large margin user-to-user answers.

The trouble shooting process for SL problems is simple. You need to have two viewers. Singularity is a good choice. But, for the other choice you need to have a recent SL Viewer also installed. If you see the SAME problems in BOTH then it is SL, not you, that has the problem. You will probably not be able to fix an SL problem.

If the problem is only apparent in Singularity, then we know where to start. I suggest you ask in the Singularity Viewer group in-world. You are likely to get more current information more quickly. If no one is answering then try here.

If the problem is reproduced in the SL Viewer you can submit a trouble ticket and file a JIRA bug report, Plus more people in the forum can help.

Freya is probably right about this being a connection problem. But, without more info we cannot be certain. If you want to test your connection to SL, which is not the same as having a good Internet connection, read this: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.