Please help teleporting problem....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It sounds like Firefox has connected SL map links to a viewer you are no longer using.

To fix this, go to Firefox Options > Appliations. Look down the list for "secondlife".  Select it, then change the dropdown on the right hand side to "Always ask".

Next time you open a map link, you'll get a popup asking you to select the program to use; select your current SL viewer. You might want to leave "Remember my choice" unchecked, especially if you use more than one viewer or you change your viewer often

Tried doing what you said and it give me this when i click view item in world:

We've encountered a problem

We were unable to complete the search for the content you requested. Please continue exploring the map while we look into the cause. Thank you for your patience!

any ideas?

I tend to do this when I am already inworld.  Try going inworld first and then click on the location on the MP page.  The browser map will pop up with the location and the window that has been described.  Pick the viewer you are using and the TP box should pop open behind the browser window (which, at this point will be sitting over your viewer window).

You can even hear it pop if you wear ears.  Once it has done so, minimize the browser window and click tp to get to your location.

Sierra Oskar wrote:

Tried doing what you said and it give me this when i click view item in world:

We've encountered a problem

We were unable to complete the search for the content you requested. Please continue exploring the map while we look into the cause. Thank you for your patience!

any ideas?

That error tends to appear when the place you're trying to teleport to has disappeared, or is offline, or if the grid is having issues.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

So as not to start a new thread I have a problem with teleporting.

When I am in the marketplace and wish to visit a store I click on the name of the store and a Second Life map comes up saying visit this location.

I click on that but then in my Second Life viewer a different place profile pops up for me to teleport to.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks

7 hours ago, MistressBrunhilde said:

... a different place profile pops up for me to teleport to.

Many Marketplace listings aren't updated when the merchant moves (or deletes) their in-world store. Is it possible you're simply being offered the place profile of whatever inherited the desired store's location when it pulled up stakes? Very often I end up using Search to hunt for the store, or stalk the merchant's profile Picks for hints of where they've hidden their store now.

(Alas, so many missed opportunities to integrate Marketplace with the Second Life world.)

• Like 1

Some older store simply no longer have an Inworld location, the MP store lasts forever no matter what. But an in world location requires regular tier or rent payments, and some sellers stop those payments after a while. The store owner may have been away from SL a long time, something to consider when making a MP purchase that might require some post sale customer service.

22 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Many Marketplace listings aren't updated when the merchant moves (or deletes) their in-world store. Is it possible you're simply being offered the place profile of whatever inherited the desired store's location when it pulled up stakes? Very often I end up using Search to hunt for the store, or stalk the merchant's profile Picks for hints of where they've hidden their store now.

(Alas, so many missed opportunities to integrate Marketplace with the Second Life world.)

10 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Some older store simply no longer have an Inworld location, the MP store lasts forever no matter what. But an in world location requires regular tier or rent payments, and some sellers stop those payments after a while. The store owner may have been away from SL a long time, something to consider when making a MP purchase that might require some post sale customer service.

I believe that you are both right as I do not seem to have any trouble teleporting to land parcels for sale.

Can I add for any store owner please sort out where stock is in your store. They just seem to be large spaces to get around. I find the online Marketplace easier to use.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MistressBrunhilde said:

Can I add for any store owner please sort out where stock is in your store. They just seem to be large spaces to get around. I find the online Marketplace easier to use.

Yes it is especially frustrating when demos are available in world only and you have t find the thing to get the demo

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, marknew said:

tell me about it i have the same problem and i just use the second life viewer and i use internet explorer and i  know this topic is old and all but i seem like i could use some help to 

The original post is about an issue with the Firestorm viewer and the Firefox browser - which is what people will see and possibly start replying to before they realize that none of that applies to you.  Since you are using a different viewer and a different browser your issue would have been better in its own thread.

First question -- when you try to teleport from an MP listing, what EXACTLY happens?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.