Map Glitch or Something Else

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Everybody,

I have a friend who has an odd situation. She has a homestead, no parcels, runs firestorm current version and her map shows green dots present (one or two) when in fact NO one is present. No av shows up on radar as present either. She's searched top to bottom and asked me as well but neither of us can account for the dots.

Any ideas

Green dots on the map don't instantly update when someone is present or leaves.  Unless the access to the sim is closed to everyone but those in a small group or acess list, It is possible that someone was there then left but their green dot shows on the map longer.  So she may be noticing them after the person has left and therefore can't find them.  If they persist for longer than a minute or so however than it may be a glitch.  Restarting the sim may help.  If it doesn't, she should have her estate owner file a support ticket about it.

If the green dot is showing on the very edge of the parcel, they probably are actually there(or were). We had the same thing happen. no people showed on any radar, but the dot was there. I went to the edge of the sim(also a homestead, though I'm not sure if that matters really). I didn't see the person, but the dot was there anyway. So I went to where the sim actually ends, and there seemed to be a small strip of land that was *not part of my homestead, but the person was standing on it. At first I thought they were just flying(because, well, frankly the minimap isn't always correct when it indicates whether someone is above, below or at the same height as you). Nope, the person was standing, right there, on that small piece of land. They were afk, as far as I could tell. But when I joined them on that small piece of land I could see the parcel name(the name we gave the homestead) was not the same, yet it was still the same region. Odd, but not unheard of. Eventually we got tired of the dude standing there, repeatedly for a day or more at a time, so we booted him out. Then did the same when he, and someone else, did the same thing the next day.

No clue why he was there, and if he hadn't continued showing up, or trying to get ON the homestead, I would have been happy to just leave him there. But, that wasn't the case. After a couple of days he didn't come by himself either, and that got annoying.

It's not a glitch per se, it's part of the update cycle of the worldmap. Ever built a house? It might take up to 2 days before it shows up in worldmap. If you wanna see the dots of ppl who are actually on any given parcel use the minimap since it updates much faster, almost in real time.

I think I wrongly assumed you meant mini-map. I don't know many people who typically use the actual world map as indication of anything. It's notorisouly slow when it comes to updating things.

If it's the world map you're looking at, and seeing dots, ignore everything I said, lol. Those people probably aren't really there. If it's mini-map, it's more likely they actually are there, just not on an area of land you can see, right away. I couldn't even spot the land the dude-and his guests later-was standing on, until I went onto it myself. Which was rather odd for me. Because that strip-looking into the homestead, looked like a piece of the sim, but from inside the homestead, that strip did not exist.

In either case, ignore what I said if you meant world map, that thing is often, not updated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.