Sign in to follow this  
Wallace Wirefly

Avatar movement when I click on anything behind me

I am using Firestorm 4.5.1 (38838) beta and have noticed that every time I click on anything behind me my avatar turns toward it when I click. I have searched for a way to prevent this but can not find. Is this something that is inherent in the way avatar movement is setup? Is it Firestorm issue? Or is there something in Preferences that I do not see that will disable this? Has me stumped. Any input would be appreciated short of gluing my avatar to ground. Thanks

All avatars do that, it is the way they work.  They follow your cursor when you click on anything in world.  The only way to stop it is to stand on a pose stand or pose ball with an animation in it.

Under Preferences/Privacy/LookAt, uncheck "Don't send my selection target hits".  You may also want to disable your selection beam under Preferences/Firestorm/Avatar, but this isn't really necessary... as long as you don't mind your selection beam emanating from your crotch.

...Dres

For quicker answers try the Firestorm Support Group in-world. The Firestorm team has trained support people online almost 24x7. Plus a load of Firestorm users.

Whether the avatar turns depend on how you click and how you have the viewer set up. The ALT-Left-click changes the camera focus and may turn the avatar head. But, I do not see the avatar body turn (SL Viewer). Whether I Alt or just plan left click on things in SL my avatar does not turn her body. 

When right-clicking things are selected. That does turn the avatar. So, the question is; do you have right & left click options on your mouse changed?

If you want to change the right-click behavior Dresden Ceriano's instructions should work.

Posted (edited)

The answer to your actual question is on Firestorm Preferences > Move & View > Movement > deselect "Turn avatar towards a selected object".

Edited by BluesMan Rae