Account on hold

Oliva011488303314

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So my friend wanted to log in to her old account that had been put on hold. We thought maybe sending a report about not being able to login could resolve it & allow her back in ? Some how the report was sent to my current email adressed signed up with my current account . Could it affect my account? .. i just would hate to see i couldnt log back in 

2 answers to this question

It might affect you, and it might not, Oliva.

A hold can be placed on an account for several reasons.  One could be that your friend's account was compromised...stolen by a phishing scam, maybe...and LL is investigating it for Terms of Service violations.  Or your friend may have committed some violation herself and gotten reported for it.  She should definitely file a Support Ticket and inquire about what's going on.

If LL bans her account, and the violations were serious enough, and you both use the same computer for SL, it is possible that your *computer* will be banned, and then no one will be able to use SL with that machine.

If the two of you do NOT share a computer, and did not use the same email account to register for SL, then I don't know why the notice was sent to your email.  Again, you should file a Support Ticket and inquire.

• Like 1

i think it sent to my email cause when we tried signing her in online like the website on here not the viewer it didnt let us because it was put on hold . but now that i think about it i remember it said if you wish to login with another account , then i did that . its self logged in my account since i have it auto saved into my laptop . from there we went to file a report and maybe thats how my account got dragged into it ..... i haven't gotten nothing yet that my account it on hold and hopefully it stays that way. My friends account was long ago on hold for several years . and we never shared the same computer nor same email so hopefully I'm safe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.