Why Communism on SL MUST be realised

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in case it was possible that Second Life work as a Communist system, the only shop owner that will benefit will be Linden Lab, because the government is in charge to provide the community with anything they need.

the benefits for the ex shop owners is that everyone will have products for "free", the products will not be completely free because the community will pay for them working to make products that will benefit all.

a communist society works for their government, and in exchange, they get their needs supplied by the government.

I agree that being Linden Lab a company that works under a Capitalist system, they have to pay for their expenses to other Capitalist companies, and for that, they have to make money, so the only answer is that they embrace Capitalism in order to survive.

it would be interesting if any Communist country would make a virtual world for the benefit of their citizens, but I think that they have other priorities for their people, like food, shelter, medicines.

it would be interesting if any Communist country would make a virtual world for the benefit of their citizens

China did it. They created the virtual world HipiHi already long ago. I have no clue if they are stil around but I know it was an almost absolute SL clone.

but I think that they have other priorities for their people, like food, shelter, medicines.

Yes, that's why it's so much more desirable to live in a country with some social conscience.

SL has mainly just established the basic capitalistic level: Trade with the help of an exchangemedium, also known as money.

Yes, agreed. It's a very simple, easy to grasp system, that only works in virtual but there it does all the better.

Thats why I think SL is not the place that needs "improvement" in the shape of a systemchange.

I don't think it does neither.

Of course I wouldn't say no to a free full-sim, but the OP would break out in tears, because I would at least build a tiny club on it.

\o/ Gimme my sim! \o/ And of course OP would cry if anybody of us showed the least little bit of entrepreneurial spirit. That's why I'm so opposed to his whining.

Drewski Northman wrote:

Well here's a shocker, Mr. Clarence and I are in agreement.

Let me break down your arguments here, Mr. Chiwanga:

You say that our world is a giant ugly shopping mall, and I beg to differ, sir/madam. Come with me on a boat ride through the rivers of Sansara that deepen into mountain canyons and tell me that's ugly. Or how about we go for a walk through the East River community, where people have banded together to build a beautiful, art-centered community where all are welcome to pursue their dreams and tell me that's just a shopping mall. Or how about we go for a swim through the Blake Deeps, a community built undersea wonderland, that pays tribute to the memory of Fancee Bebe, someone who has contributed quite a bit in her life to the SL community, and then tell me more about televisualized teats.

Adding: Take a balloon tour of the Grand Canyon sim.  Absolutely gorgeous with a lot of nature-filled areas where one can ski, swim, canoe, skate, etc.  I agree - there are amazingly beautiful areas in SL that have nothing to do with shopping malls.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.