Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Chiwanga

Why Communism on SL MUST be realised

Recommended Posts

Given the chance to carve our own paradise in the digital stars, we have instead merely replicated the abomination of late capitalism, smothering our own virtual dreams before they even began. 

What should have been a space station of unrestricted desire has become a stupifying, suffocating 24/7 mall. The market dictates all; reality is replicated; Mama and Papa Pinden settle into their pre-built condo and suckle on the televisual teat. Genitals for sale: the ultimate commodification of desire. The zombie drone of the Zyngo machine blends into the background noise of the clubs, the residents glutted on neo-liberal mogadons. 

Meanwhile, in the public sandboxes and info hubs, the dispossessed gather, bonded only by griefing - perhaps the only response to the boredom to which they are perpetually subjected. 

We need Communist revolution on SL: we need to provide land for ALL, not the privileged few; creations to be SHARED, not to prop up the sinking ship of capitalism. SL must be freed from its chains and permitted to evolve into a world in which we may all stretch our wings and touch the sun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Doctor Chiwanga wrote:


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

we need a Fidel Castro and Hugo chavez? here

i dont think so

 :matte-motes-angry:

We're blazing a trail to a genuine 'Second Life', not replicating RL.

you want a free land? play in public sanbox areas, they are free all time :matte-motes-angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you are privileged, if you can afford a couple of dollars for your virtual hobby? (yes, land is that cheap, if you aren't aiming for a full-sim). :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Their is a reason why communism failed in the real world: Because at the end of the day, you want things. In SL you want clothes, houses, places, music and tons of stuff for your avatar. Those things don't grow on trees, they are made by people and those people want something for their hard work. No, a "Thank you" isn't worth six hours of work for the basic structure of the house you want to put on your "free" land.

Speaking of free land: LL is a company in the real world. They can't cut themselves off from capitalism. They need to make money in order to pay for the bills and the employees. I don't think any person working at LL want to give up their payment, just so could you build your idealistic world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Syo Emerald wrote:

So you are privileged, if you can afford a couple of dollars for your virtual hobby? (yes, land is that cheap, if you aren't aiming for a full-sim). :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

We're not talking some tiny 5-prim shack; we need full sims for our people, so we can create the environment the current landowning class are too cowardly and weak-minded to build.

 

 


Syo Emerald wrote:

Their is a reason why communism failed in the real world

 

Genuine Communism has never been realised in the real world; only deformed worker states. 

 

 


Syo Emerald wrote:

Those things don't grow on trees, they are made by people and those people want something for their hard work.

We will make them. Building is not hard. Scripting can be learned. Most clothing you see on SL took 5 minutes in Photoshop to make. We will make all this, and more, and the reward for our hard work will be a virtual reality that offers more than the same tired replication of late capitalism. No more prostituting ourselves on dance poles. 

 

 

 


Syo Emerald wrote:

Speaking of free land: LL is a company in the real world. They can't cut themselves off from capitalism. They need to make money in order to pay for the bills and the employees. I don't think any person working at LL want to give up their payment, just so could you build your idealistic world.

They collect enough money from texture uploads and cash-out fees to sustain themselves. There is plenty of opportunity for them to re-open abandoned sims, of which there are hundreds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to this idea is the fact that many people in SL who are "consumed" by capitalism are consumed because it's feasible in SL, where as it may not be in RL.  I know many people in SL who enjoy the finer items because in reality, they'd never be able to afford them.  People tend to gravitate towards the mansions and sportscars because they're luxuries which can be enjoyed in SL, while they're impossible for someone of the middle classes and lower to afford.

SecondLife is made of dreams.  Creating a system where we're all forced into the same clothing and land would defeat the purpose of playing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


BrynneBaileigh wrote:

To add to this idea is the fact that many people in SL who are "consumed" by capitalism are consumed because it's feasible in SL, where as it may not be in RL.  I know many people in SL who enjoy the finer items because in reality, they'd never be able to afford them.  

Under Full Communism, they can have their own space ships, planets, galaxies. 

They will cease to be consumers, and become their own gods. 

We are offering everything, no restrictions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Doctor Chiwanga wrote:


you want a free land? play in public sanbox areas, they are free all time :matte-motes-angry:

They are full of griefers,
like you

And you, too. 

I would like "stand your ground"  laws in SL. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Comrade, how will we wrest control of the Servers from the Capitalist Pigs?

Do you have a plan for taking over the Data Centers?

And how will we stop them cutting the power lines to the Centers?

I don't think we could survive very long on battery back up alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Doctor Chiwanga wrote:


And you, too. 

I would like "stand your ground"  laws in SL. 

 

You have them, with
your
disgusting AR system. 

Your?  You're a griefer.  I dislike communists; they are all stoolies ... rats, liars -- and for what, a 512m parcel?  Communism is dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Doctor Chiwanga wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

So you are privileged, if you can afford a couple of dollars for your virtual hobby? (yes, land is that cheap, if you aren't aiming for a full-sim). :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

We're not talking some tiny 5-prim shack; we need full sims for our people, so we can create the environment the current landowning class are too cowardly and weak-minded to build.

 

 

For what do you want a full-sim? I only hear bubbeling from you without a deeper reason behind it. What do you want to build that requires so much land? Also you seem to have never got in touch with the landbusiness at all. People want their (more or less) small private places. Yes, private. Not shared with others, not within a community. And thats of course nothing you need a full sim for.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Their is a reason why communism failed in the real world

 

Genuine Communism has never been realised in the real world; only deformed worker states. 

 

 

I see no difference between their ideals and yours. Why do you think your communism would work in SL? You haven't said a single word about that yet.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Those things don't grow on trees, they are made by people and those people want something for their hard work.

We will make them. Building is not hard. Scripting can be learned. Most clothing you see on SL took 5 minutes in Photoshop to make. We will make all this, and more, and the reward for our hard work will be a virtual reality that offers more than the same tired replication of late capitalism. No more prostituting ourselves on dance poles. 

 

 

I think you aren't able to read and understand the complete sentence. There are already a lot people who can build and create very nice things. But its hard work. Got that? Its not easy. If it would be easy everyone would make their own stuff and children would be playing with photoshop, blender and script their own software.

Again, you just don't name what would be the benefit for the people. You may feel not good having to pay people for their work, but others would call that just fair. Where is the benefit for someone building houses he can sell for 2000L in a system, where you dictate him to offer the same house as a freebie?

Syo Emerald wrote:

Speaking of free land: LL is a company in the real world. They can't cut themselves off from capitalism. They need to make money in order to pay for the bills and the employees. I don't think any person working at LL want to give up their payment, just so could you build your idealistic world.

They collect enough money from texture uploads and cash-out fees to sustain themselves. There is plenty of opportunity for them to re-open abandoned sims, of which there are hundreds. 

 

No, I don't think so. Again, LL is a company, they have no interest and no benefit from doing you a favor that hurts their own wallet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

But Comrade, how will we wrest control of the Servers from the Capitalist Pigs?

Do you have a plan for taking over the Data Centers?

And how will we stop them cutting the power lines to the Centers?

I don't think we could survive very long on battery back up alone.

LL will do whatever works. 10 years of catering to neoliberal capitalist doctrine has got them nowhere, an overhaul can only reverse the damage. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Your?  You're a griefer.  I dislike communists; they are all stoolies ... rats, liars -- and for what, a 512m parcel?  Communism is dead. 

They speak very highly of you too, Klansman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Doctor Chiwanga wrote:


Your?  You're a griefer.  I dislike communists; they are all stoolies ... rats, liars -- and for what, a 512m parcel?  Communism is dead. 

They speak very highly of you too,
Klansman. 

Sticks and stones ....

 

But a 44 works better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"For what do you want a full-sim?"

To create mind-blowing builds that literally overturn the perception of virtual reality overnight. What DON'T we want to build, you should ask - certainly no more cheapo postcard reproductions of malls and 1970s discos.

"People want their (more or less) small private places. Yes, private. Not shared with others, not within a community. And thats of course nothing you need a full sim for."

People can live in privacy if they want. We're talking about opening up land for the dozens of thousands of us excluded in the sandboxes. 

"I see no difference between their ideals and yours. Why do you think your communism would work in SL? You haven't said a single word about that yet."

It is historical inevitabilty.

 

There are already a lot people who can build and create very nice things. 

Good for them. We will teach to build and create things too, beyond mere capitalist trinkets; then, armed with that skill, they can live without the market. 

Again, you just don't name what would be the benefit for the people

You mean "What would be the benefit for the market?" Absolutely none. For THE PEOPLE, however, a set of skills enabling them to make their own things autonomously. The fat cat traders have had their way for 10 years, we'll shed no tears for their tacky malls going out of business - all the while, clad in the finest clobber of our invention. 


No, I don't think so. Again, LL is a company, they have no interest and no benefit from doing you a favor that hurts their own wallet.

We will see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Doctor Chiwanga wrote:



Ivantwin Rogers says:

you want a free land? play in public sanbox areas, they are free all time

They are full of griefers, like you.

We will make them. Building is not hard. Scripting can be learned. Most clothing you see on SL took 5 minutes in Photoshop to make. We will make all this, and more, and the reward for our hard work will be a virtual reality that offers more than the same tired replication of late capitalism. No more prostituting ourselves on dance poles. ------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you are a lyer  when you say the construction will not be difficult,

, and i can make a clothes in 5 minutes!!! sure , post your buildings here and your clothes i want see your excelent and ultra fast creations items, all people can make all items and buildings in 5 minutes and the photo shop is for kids haha sure.

 do not come here boasting of know-it-all that every thing is easy and that is done in 5minutes, i know people who make excellent creations and i love paying for them and they have taken a lot of time,the inspiration for a creations do not take its in 5 minutos , you have envy of those who pay, the comunisms is a toilet caca.

 
 
no costume your envy in a comunism.:matte-motes-angry:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...