Zindra

kingkong112

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when I check the yellow parcels on other continents, I see the "$"-signs and can click them and get the size and price for the parcel without having to tp to them.

not so in Zindra, in Zindra I have to tp to every parcel to get any infos.

am I doing something wrong?

another question:

why is zindra not on my world maps?

again, am I doing something wrong?

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

You're right, the price tag icons are missing on adult land. I don't have a fix for you, but can confirm it's really broken.

since when? Must be very recent indeed. More likely you're confused about buying and renting land. A lot of land on Zindra is not for sale, it's owned by a big land barron who rents it out at exorbitant fees, or alternatively will offer to set it for sale to you at even more excessive amounts.

jwenting wrote:

You're right, the price tag icons are missing on adult land. I don't have a fix for you, but can confirm it's really broken.

since when? Must be very recent indeed. More likely you're confused about buying and renting land. A lot of land on Zindra is not for sale, it's owned by a big land barron who rents it out at exorbitant fees, or alternatively will offer to set it for sale to you at even more excessive amounts.

The parcels are clearly for sale.  They have the tell tale yellow of land that is set for sale on the map.  If you go to the parcels the 'buy' option is clearly enabled.  What is not appearing is the price tags on the map.

Perrie Juran wrote:

The parcels are clearly for sale.  They have the tell tale yellow of land that is set for sale on the map.  If you go to the parcels the 'buy' option is clearly enabled.  What is not appearing is the price tags on the map.

exactly...

and it´s quite frustrating to try to sell land in this area, where to many try to sell and the prices r somehow hidden:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oved%20Valley/160/229/289

zindra_map.JPG

after I got my land there from an auction, neighbours started to ask me, if I wanna buy their land...

jwenting wrote:

You are confused about the difference between colored tiles and icons. The icons are not rendered. There is logic in that part of the viewer that checks if the account has adult access enabled. I have not had time to see if that logic is broken, or if it is broken on the server side, but it is broken.

I have found that it is usually fruitless to file JIRA tickets to LL unless you also pinpoint the cause of the problem and explain how to fix it. Even then a resolution can be delayed for years. For example, "advanced permissions" on inventory has been broken since 2009 and the fix is copy and paste.

I'm well aware of the many outstanding issues and "unresolved" tickets and JIRAs.

But I am also aware of other issues that people have 'griped' about here that were fixed in short time once a ticket or bug report was filed.

ETA:  If you don't report a problem I wouldn't expect a Linden to see it.  It appears any more that none of them have "Second Lives."

kingkong112 wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

So the question is has anyone filed a bug report on this?

well, I was a bit lazy, when I did fill out the form, lol

someone said there, that he heard that it is no bug, that it is programmed like this cause of landbots.

then a Alexa Linden closed the issue without a comment.

I´m not sure, but maybe she closed it cause it is a dublicate of a 2 years old unsolved issue, at least I cannot see a solution or official comment to the older issue:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-29236

is this normal for a bug report?

and what r landbots and why r they dangerous in Zindra and not somewhere else?

I suspect the Linden closed the ticket because the comment was incorrect - rather than because the ticket was flawed.

Ie: closed improperly.

I believe this issue is rather new.

I find the land barons who hold so much land in Zindra are rather reasonable to deal with - but that if you ask for a choice lot, it will have a choice price.

If you look, you will notice that often the same land barons own much of the rest of the SL Mainland - over the last few years they have been consolidating and what you're often seeing is a land dealing company composed of an entire staff of people pooling their tier and donated / purchased tier.

Many of them also take land in trade - for part of the purchase at least. Some parts of Zindra are a serious upgrade from the rest of mainland, save for perhaps Bay City & surrounds, and Blake Sea / Nautilus. But some other parts of Zindra are a severe downgrade - like Zindra's downtown or the islands on the west and coasts on the northeast...

(And roadside Zindra almost anywhere in Zindra tends to be blighted unless you can lock down ownership of everything in camera range).

kingkong112 wrote:

kingkong112 wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

someone said there, that he heard that it is no bug, that it is programmed like this cause of landbots.

I´m not sure, but maybe she closed it cause it is a dublicate of a 2 years old unsolved issue, at least I cannot see a solution or official comment to the older issue:

A landbot is an automated avatar that buys up cheap land faster than a person can. The legacy search still works on adult land and the map is not a really efficient way to get that information, so that is not why the icons are missing. Your bug could have been closed because it is a duplicate but LL likes this process to be mysterious and inefficient.

bay city.JPG

kingkong112 wrote:

kingkong112 wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

A landbot is an automated avatar that buys up cheap land faster than a person can. The legacy search still works on adult land and the map is not a really efficient way to get that information, so that is not why the icons are missing. Your bug could have been closed because it is a duplicate but LL likes this process to be mysterious and inefficient.

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-6885

Cinder Biscuits added a comment - 20/Apr/13, 03:24 PM +0200

This is out of our control and lies directly in the hands of Linden Lab who disabled it intentionally. Don't hold your breath for a fix.

Whirly Fizzle added a comment - 20/Apr/13, 09:57 PM +0200

Additional info from Cinder: LL did this because of land bots. Other areas out of Zindra also have disabled "Land for sale" hints, for example Bay city.

Going to have to close this as "Waiting on LL fix" I'm afraid, but I doubt LL will ever change this behaviour.

-----------------------------

We'd have to ask Cinder where she got her info.  I may not be understanding what is meant by "Land For Sale Hints" in that JIRA.  This snapshot I just took as well as the one posted with the the FS JIRA cleary show price tags at Bay City.

Anyone want to buy a 1024sqm parcel for $189,988L ???????

Those are interesting speculation but LL did not do anything to stop the API that landbots really use. LL knows this too.

Which would bring us all the way back around to, "Only Linden Lab Knows For Sure."

Or do they even?  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Those are interesting speculation but LL did not do anything to stop the API that landbots really use. LL knows this too.

Which would bring us all the way back around to, "Only Linden Lab Knows For Sure."

Or do they even? 
;)

they don´t seem to give anything about the issues and about informing ppl, who ask what´s going on.

well, not completly, at least they close the issues...

I should not talk that bad at all.

I had a griefer in my area, at least I think what happened is called griefing.

on a neighbours parcel was a weird thing consisting of countless objects, which seemed to reproduce themselves constantly.

u could hardly walk, lag meters showed 100% lag, teleporters didn´t work, everything took endless time, it was really bad.

after 2 days I decided to find out how to complain about this.

used that "help > abuse" function in the viewer.

after 10 minutes there was a notification: "all scripts disabled by an admin in this region"

15 minutes later: "all scripts work again"

and the thing was gone and everything was fine.

I also had only very positive experiences with several premium support chats, this guys were allways available instantly and help very patiently and friendly with even the dumbest newbie problem or question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.