Superfluous Title

Optimum Actor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been using the Builder's Buddy. to  make sets/builds for Machinima and Machinicomics. It's come in very handing for moving large sets that couldn't be made in a singlre linkset for one reason or another. I've also discovered that you can have a heirarchy of these. That is, you can can have a 2nd Builder's Buddy hidden in a prim of a linkset that's part of another Builder's Buddy. For example you might have a house  that is a collection of linksets - one linkset for each part of the house that you you to do a scene in; and each linkset might have a prim that contains a Builder's Buddy for all the furniture in that scene (that way you might rez just the bare house, and/or add furniture only where you need it).

The issue I have isn't with the builder's buddy, but with a side effect of experimenting them on the current set I'm building.In addition to the BB compent script which I addent to each linkset, I added the following script in order to clearly identify each linkset:

{
    state_entry()
    {

//  prim's name (not necessarily object's) in green and opaque
        llSetText(llGetObjectName(), <0.0, 1.0, 0.0>, 1.0 );
    }

This shows the name of the linset in a green title above the base prim of that linkset. If I change the name I have to manually reset the script, but that doesn't happen that often. The issue came when I realised it was better to have the base prim of each linset at the top, rather than the bottom. I did this by unlinking and relinking individual prims and adding the scripts again. Not as messy as it sounds. But, I seem to left with an extra title. The following image illustrates this:

Superfluous Names_001.jpg

The original base prim was the floor of the Lifeboat, but now it's the roof. That extra title at front is from the builders buddy prim at front (which is just a prim in the DB Lifeboat (Hull) linkset). But the title for the original base prim is still shown, even though there's no script in it any more.

How do I get rid of the superfluous title?

Hovertext is a prim property which can only be changed by script (like particles).   Once it's set,  it stays until it's explicitly removed.   So you could use something like this:

default{	state_entry()	{		llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_SET,[PRIM_TEXT,"",<1.0,1.0,1.0>,0.0]); //clear all existing hovertext in the linkset		//  prim's name (not necessarily object's) in green and,opaque		llSetText(llGetObjectName(), <0.0, 1.0, 0.0>, 1.0 );	}}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.