Getting " Error Message: "Can't rez object because the owner does not allow it" - on my own Mainland

Miko Kuramoto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok i will ask again since marking my question "Answered" makes it so i cannot reply in the original post:

Anyone know what this is? No i dont have it group owned, no i dont need to wear a group tag, and it's my own free 512m parcel on mainland.  It's getting annoying to have to re-log and find it in my Lost and Found Folder.  And yes my hardwired internet is running well, minimal latency (55fps), everything is else is fine. Thanks for any suggestions. 

No, there are no encroaching objects from neighbors -- i am at 500m on a platform with abandoned land around me.

thanks for any help :)

3 answers to this question

There is an overall region prim limit: 15,000. Your parcel should get its share of that. But, whoever setup the parcel may have messed that up or set it to other values. Look at the estate tools and see if there are any hints there.

It may also be that the region needs to restart. Regions that are having problems aften have trouble rezzing prims. AFAIK, the regions have not been restarted for a couple of weeks because of the holidays. We may not see them restarted until the 2nd week of January. You may need to request a restart via a trouble ticket.

I've often seen a region not allow avatar attachments until it is restarted. So, I tend to think the problem is more likely a region problem. If you can't find another reason...

Miko Kuramoto wrote:

Ok i will ask again since marking my question "Answered" makes it so i cannot reply in the original post:

Anyone know what this is? No i dont have it group owned, no i dont need to wear a group tag, and it's my own free 512m parcel on mainland.  It's getting annoying to have to re-log and find it in my Lost and Found Folder.  And yes my hardwired internet is running well, minimal latency (55fps), everything is else is fine. Thanks for any suggestions. 

No, there are no encroaching objects from neighbors -- i am at 500m on a platform with abandoned land around me.

thanks for any help
:)

If you're on a high platform on a small lot, it's likely that the "beam" that points to the location of where the object will be rezzed is hitting the ground on the abandoned land, which won't allow objects to rezz there. Although the platform should stop the beam, under some circumstances some objects don't. Try rezzing the objects as close to straight down as possible in the middle of your platform and moving them to their final locations from there.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.