Sign in to follow this  
Kouki Elska

Hello. I am not actually sure if this belongs here since it probably is more of a viewer-based thing than an AO thing... but I figured it's related enough, maybe.

Does anyone know if it's possible to speed up the avatar/camera when it turns left or right? It feels extremely sluggish to me. I know you can quickly turn while moving if you are holding the click button on your avatar while moving, but that's not what I want unless it can be done with just keyboard movement.

I want to know if it's possible to turn the avatar's direction quicker when using the keyboard controls such as simply turning, or using "shift + left/right" and "walking back(with turning back enabled)".

I am sort of wanting to have my avatar move more like PC/video game characters who turn their body's direction very fast or instantly, similarly to how there's a "quick jump" option in Firestorm's avatar/movement drop-down menu.

Is this something that would be doable with advanced viewer options, scripts, or would it require programming skills? I can't program at all, by the way. :(

The rotation of the avatar is like that, it is jerky
It is not clear from your question if you are interested in the avatar's or the camera's rotation

In mouselook you have a smooth camera rotation and you can point your camera anywhere

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

Well I am starting to think it might be the camera as part of it, but maybe also the movement of the avatar in general.

Mainly because I noticed something while moving via holding the mouse-click on your avatar(which lets you turn to the sides quickly).

I noticed that while walking/running, quickly moving towards the opposite direction that your av was facing isn't exactly direct... instead it seems to make your avatar turn back in a sort of U-turn motion before actually doing so, which takes some time and kind of distorts your intended straight path making it wobbly(making it kind of hard to play games involving quick movement). Sorry, it is hard to explain. >_<

Mouselook does work for turning quickly, but it requires using the mouse to turn, and I just want to be able to turn more quickly using the keyboard's left/right keys if possible.