Adding items to your avatar

ladys3ph

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'm on a mac and have no right click to "add" items rather than "wear" them which means I can't add my alpha mesh for my oufit or my hat wihout balding myself. Does anyone know how I can get to access the "add" option without the right clight? Thanks

As Candii9 said, Control click does the same thing with a Mac one-button mouse as right click does on a three-button mouse.

But I would seriously recommend getting a three-button mouse for your Mac. They are not at all expensive, and make life in SL much easier. Three-button mice are also very useful in almost all of your Mac applications, and even in Finder. Try one, and you'll never go back to a one-button mouse again.

As far as I know every mouse sold for a Mac in the last 5 to 8 years or so is a two-buttom mouse - but they use a fused case so it looks like a one-button mouse and using the right click is very 'twitchy' (often results in clicking both).

The only real good use for a mouse sold by apple is to dangle it on the cord as something for the cat to chase...

As others noted - turn on the right click option, and then go to a local office supply or computer shop or radio shack and buy a normal mouse - even a discount bin PC mouse is better than the top end highest feature Mac mouse. And I say that as a fellow Mac user.

(Even the people I know who work at Apple won't use the Apple mouse).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.