Looking for a female AO that doesn't move all the time.

Stacy Seranade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know of any female AOs that don't make your avi move constantly? I know that in many AOs you can adjust how often they change the stand position and such. Even in most of these (that I know of) the avi is still constantly bouncing from foot to foot, moving their hand to their hair, etc, while maintaining the stand. Most of the AOs I've seen, even from the popular makers, make people look they have ADHD or they're tweeking. Are their any AOs where you don't move as much and as often?

Animazoo has several good static poses that you can pick off and add to your AO list. Tuty's may have some that are more quiet and reserved. However, my secret solve-all solution to avoid having my avatar look as though she's doing the foot shift dance while waiting in line for a toilet is picking up some male AO's. There are many made for men that are quiet, subdued, and frankly unisex, and I know I use at least three of the male stands from animazoo regularly.

Stacy Seranade wrote:

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know of any female AOs that don't make your avi move constantly? I know that in many AOs you can adjust how often they change the stand position and such. Even in most of these (that I know of) the avi is still constantly bouncing from foot to foot, moving their hand to their hair, etc, while maintaining the stand. Most of the AOs I've seen, even from the popular makers, make people look they have ADHD or they're tweeking. 
Are their any AOs where you don't move as much and as often?

Vista Animations is also a good place to go. I got my AO from there and my avi barely moves when standing still, I can't remember the name of it but check them out and see which one is right for you. HTH.

How comfortable are you with editing an AO? You could buy an AO that is copy/mod and take out all the standing animations that you dislike. 

If you only want a couple of stands many of the vendors sell starter/newbie AOs pretty cheap.  Cheap enough that you could even buy a couple and see which you like best. 

First of all, you do not have to buy the whole AO Hud with all the animations. There are a couple of ways to go and the one I highly suggest is to use a viewer with a built in AO (I use Firestorm). If that is not possible, then if you already have an AO or dance HUD that incorporates AO, then check out the best MOCAP animators, try the stands and buy only the ones you like the most.

In my humble opinion, Vista Animations are the best. However, MyAnimations and Aekyo have some very good ones. And I'm sure there are others.

One final note. If you do purchase a full AO, do not remove the animations you don't like. Just edit the note card to use only the ones you want. Removing them would probably break any existing note cards. Of course, ignore this if there is an AO that doesn't use note cards. I've switched to the built in AO, so I don't know what's out there for AO Huds right now.

Questions? Feel free to IM me inworld.

I never buy AOs anymore, only animations. In my opinion Kuso is the best for subtle. You'll have to check all the different places, because there are good and bad ones in each set. For 10L an animation, you can fill out your AO with exactly what you want for very cheap. To me, both Vista and Akeyo are nice, but way too twitchy. (I recommend Akeyo's Power AO to anyone who messes with their AOs regularly though. I LOVE that hud, makes everything so much faster and simpler than having to mess with the notecards) 

Oh, no more "I have spiders in my pants"-AO ? hehe, good idea.

I collected quite some animations over the time and set up my AO's with that. Use the ones you like and buy additional animations.

Most AO's can be configured freely and since most viewers have a built in AO you don't even need to use a scripted one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.