Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
harmony Palmira

help with hair mesh in sl

Recommended Posts

hi every one im just new with this in sl i worked on other games making hair meshes with 3ds max . but it seem in sl the story is diff i mean i just upload my 1st hair mesh here  but i dont know how to skin it i mean how to attache the hair to other bones like shoulders ..etc  any tut help with that . also im asking how the hairs moving in here is this thing i should do in 3ds max or in sl ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:( no one gonna help ? .. if some one post a tut how to skining hair mesh that would be great  .. also is here in secondlife like avatar skelton i can work with in my max ? or the skining will be in sl viewer ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt seriously that anyone is going to post a tutorial for you :D. I would be happy to see it if they do.


Meanwhile know that while RIGGED MESH hair needs to be rigged, you can make mesh hair (short and updos best of course) that is not rigged. For that you attach it like you would jewelry etc. If you don't know how to do that then best you spend a little time here and figure out the basics.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Download the SL avatar, found somewhere here on secondlife.com.  Watch tutorials about rigged clothes.

The "attach" or rig of hair... to specific bones is done in 3DS not in SL.

Simply google for - rigging clothes for SL - and use the parts you need.

After the wig is rigged it doesn´t matter where you attach them in SL, even hands feet or bum would work (bum doesnt work that´s an old SL joke)

No one can explain in a few lines how to rig hair for SL - unrigged well upload attach done.

Monti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


harmony Palmira wrote:

hi every one im just new with this in sl i worked on other games making hair meshes with 3ds max . but it seem in sl the story is diff i mean i just upload my 1st hair mesh here  but i dont know how to skin it i mean how to attache the hair to other bones like shoulders ..etc  any tut help with that . also im asking how the hairs moving in here is this thing i should do in 3ds max or in sl ?

Most people are very willing to help, but the problem is generally who has experience in the specific program and/or that creative task. Not as many people make hair, and even less make it in 3ds Max. You can probably use the new skeletons that LL released recently for the Fitted mesh project. Download the skeletons here. I'm pretty sure they should work for you.

A good amount of people use Blender to make clothing and hair for SL. I originally learned 3D creation in 3ds Max, but now I'm pretty exclusively using Blender. I also use the Avastar addon for Blender. It comes with the default SL avatar, rigged and all, with a bunch of tools and features that are exclusive to SL. It's generally better to use a tools specifically created for SL, rather than banging your head against a wall trying to get other programs to work, at least in my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to open them in 3ds Max 8 and got similar issues. All I can really say is to learn Blender. I was considering buying the newest 3ds Max, but then decided to try Blender. Now, I'll likely never use the other 3d programs again. Blender has everything, and the more I use it, the more I prefer it over Max or Maya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Medhue Simoni wrote:


harmony Palmira wrote:

hi every one im just new with this in sl i worked on other games making hair meshes with 3ds max . but it seem in sl the story is diff i mean i just upload my 1st hair mesh here  but i dont know how to skin it i mean how to attache the hair to other bones like shoulders ..etc  any tut help with that . also im asking how the hairs moving in here is this thing i should do in 3ds max or in sl ?

Most people are very willing to help, but the problem is generally who has experience in the specific program and/or that creative task. Not as many people make hair, and even less make it in 3ds Max. You can probably use the new skeletons that LL released recently for the Fitted mesh project. Download the skeletons
. I'm pretty sure they should work for you.

A good amount of people use Blender to make clothing and hair for SL. I originally learned 3D creation in 3ds Max, but now I'm pretty exclusively using Blender. I also use the Avastar addon for Blender. It comes with the default SL avatar, rigged and all, with a bunch of tools and features that are exclusive to SL. It's generally better to use a tools specifically created for SL, rather than banging your head against a wall trying to get other programs to work, at least in my experience.

Avastar is exactly what I would suggest too. Its dae exporter is tweaked to export SL compatible meshes. And Gaia has lots of good video tutorials for rigging. It is a very good investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


RiftRaven wrote:



Avastar is exactly what I would suggest too. Its dae exporter is tweaked to export SL compatible meshes. And Gaia has lots of good video tutorials for rigging. It is a very good investment.

DITTO! Avastar was created for SL avatars, so it has everything you could ever want to work on the SL avatar. The service and updates come almost immediately when LL changes something in SL. It's worth every penny and more. If I were Gaia, I'd likely charge much more for the add on. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...