Sign in to follow this  
walterwhiteSr

Need something for FFFM

Things are getting interesting,, I need something for FFFM,  a rug, pillow, or engine to add to another piece of furniture.. suggestins are very welcomed.. :)

walterwhiteSr wrote:

Things are getting interesting,, I need something for FFFM,  a rug, pillow, or engine to add to another piece of furniture.. suggestins are very welcomed..
:)

Suggestions? My Dad told me long ago that if one isn't enough, two certainly isn't - and as for three, you might wish to consult Robert Silverberg's "Two At Once".

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Suggestions? My Dad told me long ago that if one isn't enough, two certainly isn't - and as for three, you might wish to consult Robert Silverberg's "Two At Once".

**********Rudi**********

That's...

An incredibly prejudiced remark. Realize that polyamory is as much a sexuality issue as heterosexuality and homosexuality, and that monogamy is a predominately Christian forced idealism. A good many people are capable of having enriching sexual relationships with more than one person at a time. It has nothing to do with one person not being good enough.

Prejudiced may be a strong word in this context. I have a hunch the person you quoted is speaking from a perspective of practical design, supply and demand, however aloof their expression of such concepts, if I may be so presumptuous.

I feel though you have touched on an important point pertaining to polyamory. I do not perceive that any prejudice for or against it is exclusive to any singular doctrine. I'm biased, perhaps, because it's an enduring appetite of my own, despite my spirituality. Aside from any social and psychological challenges associated with the practice is the issue of practicality when discussing it in terms of this medium.

Anjevia wrote:

Prejudiced may be a strong word in this context.

Perhaps.

I'm admittedly a touch more sensitive about others ragging on polyamory than most. :matte-motes-frown:

JaedenDelanaire wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

**********Rudi**********

That's...An incredibly prejudiced remark.

I'll tell my Dad you thought that. I'm sure he'll break down in tears and might possibly consider committing suicide, given the extent to which your opinion is of value to him

By the way, have you read  "Two At Once" or are you commenting in complete ignorance?

JaedenDelanaire wrote:
 A good many people are capable of having enriching sexual relationships with more than one person at a time. It has nothing to do with one person not being good enough.

A considerably larger proportion of the population are incapable of enjoying a satisfactory sexual relationship with any number of persons, from one to infinity.

[Note: the key word in that sentence is "relationship"; immature, self-centred morons can have sex and enjoy it; in fact, I would suggest that they are in the majority.]

JaedenDelanaire wrote:

It has nothing to do with one person not being good enough.

On the contrary, it has everything to do with one person not being good enough, that person being yourself.

**********Rudi**********

JaedenDelanaire wrote:
 monogamy is a predominately Christian forced idealism.

******** it is! You're mixing monogamy up with marriage, and even then, while Christianity is a major player in the "take over your head and make you feel bad about feeling good" movements, all of the other organisations that believe their faults are the consequence of an omnipresent yet invisible being's long-term plan have some sort of mechanism for encouraging males to make formal commitments to the care of progeny, which is all the female half of the species really care about.

JaedenDelanaire wrote:

I'm admittedly a touch more sensitive about others ragging on polyamory than most.

Well, maybe you should stay away from public forums where you are going to have your hyper-emotional lack of logic shredded.

**********Rudi**********

I claim complete and total ignorance. If you would like to enlighten the rest of us on this obscure book, the floor is yours my darling Rudi.

On the contrary, it has everything to do with one person not being good enough,
that person being yourself.

**********Rudi**********

That there is actually a profound statement and I applaud you for it, despite whatever reason you might have had for wording it in that way direct way. However, using that assumption would be pathologizing every person involved in a polyamorous relationship, or anyone who forms a sexual or otherwise attachment / relationship with others, period.