is texas holdem poker legal in sl? And what do i need to do to run the game on my sim?

lostpapillon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You will find all the official information, I think, at Linden Lab Official: Policy Regarding Wagering in Second Life and Linden Lab Official: Skill Game Compliance .

Any form of poker, including Texas Hold'Em, is explicitly banned, at least if played for money or items of monetary value.

ETA  As important, if not more so, is the question of how legal it would be for you, in the jurisdiction where you live, to run an online gaming business (which is what this would be, if you're doing it for L$).   Certainly where I live -- the UK, where gambling laws are comparatively relaxed -- I'd certainly need a licence to run an online poker site, and I think the same rules would apply to running one in SL.  

• Like 1

As was said, SL forbids all gambling. All online gambling has to have all code inspected and passed before it can be used, the company owners  have to be checked in depth for any criminal convictions, all previous bank accounts have to in depth checked for possible irregular accounts and satellite accounts,Age of player checking i.e. passport, etc  50 pages later of writing everything else need and passed, I suggest you forget the whole idea.

ADDED: I forgot to meantion, you have to pay for all this, somewhere in the reogen of $50,000 and LL will ban you for life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.