BEYONCE

slBEYONCE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

I can read and type  English fine,

Why don't you then?

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

that has been made clear.

Where? Or as you might type it: Were? Or perhaps: Wear?

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

And you yourself  know that to be true.

Hmmm, your psychic powers are, I am afraid, not working very well today.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

You can make up as many things as you want.

Luckily, since I am actually watching a very important football match, I don't need to; your incompetence is clearly evident.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

And flat out lie like you have now, to avoid the fact that I am correct.

Erm, as I have pointed out, your English is appalling; your opinions might have some substance if they were expressed in a coherent manner, but as it is, it's impossible to tell.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

It won't change anything.

Are you referring to your misguided and risible insistence that you are making sense?

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

What I say is grounded in fact.

You may think that, but you have said it  like a Martian.

**********Rudi**********

ETA I think your performance in this thread explains why you have been "wrongfully banned" from so many sims . . .

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

I can read and type  English fine,

Why don't you then?

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

that has been made clear.

Where? Or as you might type it: Were? Or perhaps: Wear?

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

And you yourself  know that to be true.

Hmmm, your psychic powers are, I am afraid, not working very well today.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

You can make up as many things as you want.

Luckily, since I am actually watching a very important football match, I don't need to; your incompetence is clearly evident.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

And flat out lie like you have now, to avoid the fact that I am correct.

Erm, as I have pointed out, your English is appalling; your opinions might have some substance if they were expressed in a coherent manner, but as it is, it's impossible to tell.

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

It won't change anything.

Are you referring to your misguided and risible insistence that you are making sense?

Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

What I say is grounded in fact.

You may think that, but you have said it  like a Martian.

**********Rudi**********

Hey, leave us out of this.  Our communication skills are not THAT bad.

**********Your Friendly Neighborhood Martian**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

What you wrote is very clear.

You see, my contention is proved; Sephina has demonstrated at length that she doesn't have the first clue, so if SHE understands you then you must be completely incoherent.

**********Rudi**********

You're the only one pretending like you can't read and understand English, using it as a petty and childish means to devert from the real topic. But she is right, it's clear your just clingling onto this "Incoherent" nosense for whatever reason now, and I'll let it go before you end up seeming even more like a fool.

A lot of the rules written into SL's TOS are there basically to cover themselves from liability. SL doesnt want to be viewed as a forum that encourages the theft of intellectual property. I know that some companies check SL for instances where their logo's/trademarks have been used. I know some Trekkie issues led to the removal of some of their merchandise from the Marketplace, but most of those instances related to items sold in the marketplace.

A lot of items are readily available that infringe of copyrights. Personally I would not think what you are doing is such a big problem. I doubt Beyonce or her "people" are watching to be sure no one has a avatar named "Beyonce" on SL. I don't see them takikng action against you, basically because it wouldn't be worth their while. 

I have seen a few stores selling Beyonce avatars. I know "Body Doubles" has been selling avatars of various celeberties for a few years now and evidently no one has called them out on it.

Unfortunately a lot of people are quick to jump down people's throats when they post something here. It isn't a good way to welcome people to a virtual community, but such is life. Welcome to SL, and hope you have a good time here. 

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Its called context clues. Doesn't take a genius to understand her. Yes she might have a few words off but
its
not horribly written.

If I want to make sense of a mystery I'll read a Sherlock Holmes story.

In the forums I expect posters to make some sort of attempt to avoid insulting others with errors that force you to have to guess what might be the correct meaning of the words. She says she has been banned from multiple sims inworld - well, I'm not surprised, as her posts suggest that she has severe communications (inwards and outwards) failings of which she is blithely unaware, refuses to accept, and refuses to take action to correct.

Your own posts suggest that you might have some degree of comprehension, but your continuing errors in presenting your views (it's it's not its) minimise the extent to which you might have credibility; you apparently care so little about your readers that you are reluctant to take the time to use freely available tools to correct what even you must acknowledge is a poor standard of written English.

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Its called context clues. Doesn't take a genius to understand her. Yes she might have a few words off but
its
not horribly written.

In the forums I expect posters to make some sort of attempt to avoid insulting others with errors that force you to have to guess what might be the correct meaning of the words. She says she has been banned from multiple sims inworld - well, I'm not surprised, as her posts suggest that she has severe communications (inwards and outwards) failings of which she is blithely unaware, refuses to accept, and refuses to take action to correct.

Your own posts suggest that you might have some degree of comprehension, but your continuing errors in presenting your views (it's it's not its) minimise the extent to which you might have credibility; you apparently care so little about your readers that you are reluctant to take the time to use freely available tools to correct what even you must acknowledge is a poor standard of written English.

**********Rudi**********

It would be rather childish of me to argue with someone who also makes errors in his post so I am choosing not to. I know the difference between them. I just didn't at the apostrophe in. Like you do sometimes. Happy Holidays Or Merry Christmas if you do celebrate. .. For example: You misspelled MINIMIZE.. Its not Minimise.. But I am not going to harp on you about it. After all you are superior right? LOL

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I stand corrected however this is not the only mistake he does and feels he can condemn other people. Like I said. I'm not going to get sucked in. Thanks for the information Griffin and wish you the best of New years!

But you have been sucked in... otherwise, you wouldn't keep replying.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I stand corrected however this is not the only mistake he does and feels he can condemn other people. Like I said. I'm not going to get sucked in. Thanks for the information Griffin and wish you the best of New years!

But you have been sucked in... otherwise, you wouldn't keep replying.

...Dres

Alas!

The mark of a good troll: one that keeps you coming back for more, but he is admittedly far more fun than others I've encountered. I possibly get as much enjoyment replying to his calculated responses as I do eating a whole batch of raw cookie dough. I shouldn't... I really shouldn't... butohwhattheheck, I'll do it anyway!!

As for Miss OP: Sweetheart, the world of copy right laws is a dark hell hole indeed, and it's best to keep such ideas and suggestions between yourself and close friends. Your biggest mistake was presenting this idea to a public forum, and while it is a fun idea, it's largely incriminating for anyone who agrees that, "Why yes! Yes, breaking these rules might be fun and harmless." There's no harm in playing with shapes to achieve likeness of your favorite celebrities. Heck, I have Aeryn Sun from Farscape and Simon Tam from Firefly shapes I've created in my inventory with matching unrelated skins that I made the shapes for--and I'm perfectly within my rights to go walking around in these strikingly similar copies so long as I don't outright claim for them to be either, and so long as I keep them private to myself without distributing them. But inviting people to have a Firefly party, or inviting people to have Farscape party for that matter, would be an invite for legal trouble.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

its
not horribly written.

**********Rudi**********

It would be rather childish of me to argue with someone who also makes errors in his post so I am choosing not to. I know the difference between them.
I just didn't at the apostrophe in.
Like you do sometimes. Happy Holidays Or Merry Christmas if you do celebrate. .. For example: You misspelled MINIMIZE.. Its not Minimise.. But I am not going to harp on you about it. After all you are superior right? LOL

You talk ******** and don't realise it. That's realise - like minimise - with an "s" not a "z" because (and that's because with an "s" not a "z" as well) the word has a Latin, rather than a Greek root, and Latin had no "z" other than for loan-words (think the diacritical transformation of foreign words in English, like naive) which is a subject that even the OED gets wrong, so you and the rest of the USA are in good company - but it doesn't make me wrong. Neither does my apparent inconsistency in apostrophising its as it's from time to time because it's a different ******* word!!!

You are in no position whatsoever to make any sort of accurate criticism of my  English, and that you do so is evidence of your own ignorance. Please continue to do so, and humiliate yourself further in the eyes of the more literate of the participants here, while also drawing out those semi-literates in your support so we can laugh at them too.

**********Rudi**********

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.