Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
slBEYONCE

BEYONCE

Recommended Posts

hey everyone! Ive created a beautiful beyonce avatar. just for fun. if anyone wants to chill please let me know. im actually interested in finding a jay z. i think that would be hilarious and someone has made a pretty good looking jay z avatar that is for sale on MP. im thinking of creating a new avi for him myself but i dont know how i would let someone play on the account without them having access to my CC info so ill figure that one out later. actually, wouldnt it be fun to have a little celebrity entourage? if any of you have any celeb avis at all plz add me so we can hang out. 

add me , SLBEYONCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


slBEYONCE wrote:

hey everyone! Ive created a beautiful beyonce avatar. just for fun. if anyone wants to chill please let me know. im actually interested in finding a jay z. i think that would be hilarious and
someone has made a pretty good looking jay z avatar that is for sale on MP
. im thinking of creating a new avi for him myself but i dont know how i would let someone play on the account without them having access to my CC info so ill figure that one out later. actually, wouldnt it be fun to have a little celebrity entourage? if any of you have any celeb avis at all plz add me so we can hang out. 

add me , SLBEYONCE

Branding Guidelines

 

Branded items may be listed or sold only by the brand or intellectual property owner or its authorized agents. A "branded item" is an item that:

 

  • contains or uses a brand name or logo;
  • replicates or closely imitates the appearance of a real-world physical product of a brand owner (for example, items that replicate the appearance of brands of cars, jewelry, or shoes that are available in the real world);
  • replicates or closely imitates the appearance of a celebrity, famous person, or fictional character from a copyrighted work (for example, avatars that replicate the appearance of movie stars or characters from a book, film, television program, or game); or
  • replicates or uses an artistic or creative work that is the subject of copyright (for example, virtual artwork that replicates artwork available in the real world or a sound clip that includes part of a song recording).

Apparently you want people to break the ToS..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is the big deal? 

if you guys think im stupid or have a problem with my post i dont understand why you arent mature enough to just ignore it. 

celebrity skins etc are sold on MP. does it really bother you all so bad that i just wanted to see if anyone was interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


slBEYONCE wrote:

does it really bother you all so bad that i just wanted to see if anyone was interested?

It doesn't bother me at all... but, Linden Lab may feel differently.

...Dres (Good for you that they never pay attention to their own forum... unless, of course, someone that does pay attention reports you.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it is a big deal.

An entourage or celebrity entourage would be a fun idea. I'm not good at styling my avatar, the best I could do would be to hang around and help spend your money. :smileyhappy:


I hope you enjoy your new look.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


slBEYONCE wrote:

what is the big deal? 

if you guys think im stupid or have a problem with my post i dont understand why you arent mature enough to just ignore it. 

celebrity skins etc are sold on MP. does it really bother you all so bad that i just wanted to see if anyone was interested?

 

Drake posted the policy to warn you and others who see this post and may think about doing this that it is against the TOS (as well as RL intellectual property laws) as obviously you are unaware of it because you are a noob.  Just because others are doing the same and haven't been caught - yet, doesn't make it OK.  Mature adults know that two wrongs don't make a right.

If you have no respect for RL laws concerning intellectual property or the TOS go ahead and do as you please. All it takes is one person to see it and report you to the right people for you to get in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it as a just reward for a broken backwards system.

We all know the DMCA policy.

Can any person here file? No, we cannot. The system doesn't work like that.

Beyonce has plenty of money, she can watchdog her own profits. I feel really sorry for Beyonce, she wanted people to like her and then the people did. Woe is her, maybe a new Mercedes will make her feel better. 

The OP has the misfortune of taking the brunt end of an unresolved MP merchant's gripe. The OP bought it, she didn't make it. We could find that Merchant and LL would just ignore it. Only Beyonce can file a dmca. She might like SL and be flattered that her electronic presence is here. Won't know until someone ask her.

 

Edit: I might be a bit off on some of my points. Following the terms of service and community standards does create respect for the intellectually property of others. I agree with Drake's promotion of it and your support of that policy. If all residents followed the rules we have here, we wouldn't need to be ruled by others outside of SL.

Just thought it was important to say that:matte-motes-smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Knowl Paine wrote:

Edit: I might be a bit off on some of my points. Following the terms of service and community standards does create respect for the intellectually property of others. I agree with Drake's promotion of it and your support of that policy. If all residents followed the rules we have here, we wouldn't need to be ruled by others outside of SL.

Just thought it was important to say that:matte-motes-smile:

Exactly my point.  I don't give 2 cents for Beyonce personally, however regardless of that as a creator, I can't expect people to respect my IP rights if I don't respect other's rights.  A noob needs to know what is acceptable and what isn't. 

Someone could report her to Beyonce or her agents. They may not do anything, but then again the OP could be in serious trouble if they elect to exercise their legal rights.  I'd hate to see a noob have to face that out of ignorance. 

I personally know of a group in SL that was using the name and logo of a RL organization without permission.  They were reported to that organization by someone several weeks ago and that organization did not take kindly to it.  They are now facing RL consequences.  So it can and does happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are very quick to judge and gain great enjoyment ruining other people's ideas of funand to feel "intellectually superiorto them. Because this topic had nothing to do with making sarcastic remarks and pretending to be smarter  than everyone else, you where attacked TC. And that is a shame, please enjoy your time in SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

Some
 
people
 
are
 
very
 
quick
 
to
 
judge
 
and
 
gain
 
great
 
enjoyment
 
ruining
 
other
 
people's
 
ideas 
of
 
fun
and
 
to
 
feel
 "
intellectually
 
superior
to
 
them
. Because this topic had nothing to do with making sarcastic remarks and pretending to be smarter  than everyone else, you where attacked TC. And that is a shame, please enjoy your time in SL.

Many people pointed real legal problems out. But I'm not suprised you see this as negative behavior....I'm still waiting for your wonderful story on how you managed to get banned from several sims.

 

Sure, the risk that Beyonces Management cares is pretty low...but its fair to at least mention it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

Some
 
people
 
are
 
very
 
quick
 
to
 
judge
 
and
 
gain
 
great
 
enjoyment
 
ruining
 
other
 
people's
 
ideas 
of
 
fun
and
to
 
feel
 "
intellectually
 
superior
to
 
them
. Because this topic had nothing to do with making sarcastic remarks and pretending to be smarter  than everyone else, you where attacked TC. And that is a shame, please enjoy your time in SL.

I was not trying to ruin anyones idea of fun. I was explaining why it is against the rules. If she chooses to ignore the rules she areed to when she signed up for SL that is her choice.  Pointing out where it is against the rules is not attacking. Saying her av looks nothing like Beyonce and looks more like a streched out Snookie woud be attacking, but i wouldn't say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

respecting the rules is one thing, and i never meant to show disrespect for rules, so for that i apologize

but slamming people for fun isnt cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i understand and thats why i apologized for that aspect of it. but i just think its funny how people want to keep pointing out my mistakes with the rules, but no one really gives a sh!t that these people were extremely rude for no reason. 

its okay though, im not going to let people i dont even know or give two sh!ts about on the internet upset me any further. 

everyone have fun, done with this thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


slBEYONCE wrote:

respecting the rules is one thing, and i never meant to show disrespect for rules, so for that i apologize

but slamming people for fun isnt cool. 

But calling people pathetic for fun is alright, right?

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Rudolf always is negative.

I disagree... he is often confrontational and sometimes rather humorous.  But negativity is in the eye of the beholder and I personally have to call into question anyone's sensibility that would proclaim him to always be negative.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


slBEYONCE wrote:

... these people were extremely rude for no reason.

Please point out where people were "extremely rude" for no reason (or for any reason at all).

I'll ask again, since my post seems to have been eaten: How was answering a question that you asked "rude"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be called Barbie, so many people said my avatar looked like Barbie, until one day someone said I looked like Paris Hilton...that was a step too far!! 

I've evolved since then and now I just look like Summer (who likes to think she's a celeb in her own right ;) ).

You see all sorts around the grid, Michael Jacksons, Superman etc, each to their own, but individuality does it for me every time.

If you do find your JayZ, make sure he puts a ring on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is, many of these posts where meant to offend TC. This goes along with the "I am an A-hole or the B word" ETC nonsense that is trendy among people online. It just involves them going out the way to offend insult someone because they are "brutality honest" (only online, of course). There where posters that that stated the issue with celebrity avis in world without pretending to be someone they are not however, and it's their statements that should matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nagumi Yazimoto wrote:

The fact is, many of these posts where meant to offend TC. This goes along with the "I am an A-hole or the B word" ETC nonsense that is trendy among people online. It just involves them going out the way to offend insult someone because they are "brutality honest" (only online, of course). There where posters that that stated the issue with celebrity avis in world without pretending to be someone they are not however, and it's their statements that should matter. 

If, as appears more than likely, your comprehension of English is as abysmal as your writing of it, then your opinion is less than worthless.

You probably can't tell the difference between an insult and a compliment, and sarcasm will be completely wasted on you.

I am surprised you spend any time participating in English language forums, as they must be confusing and annoying to you, particularly when your ignorance becomes the focus of discussion, as now, when you have raised the subject.

**********Rudi**********

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can read and type  English fine, that has been made clear. And you yourself  know that to be true. You can make up as many things as you want. And flat out lie like you have now, to avoid the fact that I am correct.  It won't change anything. What I say is grounded in fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...