Jump to content

The griefers can control your avatar with deformations and sexual harrasment animations.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

The favorite attack from griefers in this last time is to deform avatars with illegal sexual position force, how i protect for this attack?

, I read in some forums the firestorm viewer have this protection in the preference tabs, and in protections tab area, i need revoke the permission over my avatar, but that's don not works, now any people can attack me with any avatar deformation, they like convert a people in vaginas, or dicks, they like make a masturbation forcing in yours, they can make yours very huge and big more than the server, they can enlarge your branches to the infinite sky.

Also can make you that you put your finger in your ass literally and i don't have any control of that, i need re log all time and some time when i relog and enter to the area my avatar is, deformed. the sl market don't have any protections about this and the setting in a viewver do not works,i can revoke the persmission and the griefer laugh about that, the griefer have a total control in a avatars, they can change your aparience with out your permision. when a linden can fix this horrible exploit?, now the griefers can copy your avatar and now they can change everytime, second life is uncontrolable,

 
the next wil be the  griefers can change the structures of the buildings with out permission from administrator smocking the permissions and the security of secondlife, many will say that this is impossible, but I don't think that are so far from achieving it

 everything against my will

some body can help, i appreciate that sorry for my English i try to write the better possible.

I say in spanish,


Lo nuevo ahora es que los griefers te pueden convertir en lo que ellos le de la gana, ahora te pueden convertir tu avatar en un pene, o en una bagina, te pueden cambiar tu apariencia a lo que ellos quieran y deseen, como es posible de este grave exploid y bug?, he leido en los foros que tu puedes revokar los permisos en el firestorm viewer, pero eso no trabaja, los griefer se rien de eso y te cambian forzadamente. los griefers tienen total control sobre ti, ya el estilo que uno tenga del avatar queda en nada y no tiene exclusividad, por que ahora te pueden copiar todo, te pueden hacer gigante y estirarte tus estremidades hasta el cielo, y ademas cambiarte tu forma, tambien te pueden hacer animacions sobre tu cuerpo te ponden a meterte el dedo por el ano, te ponen a masturbarte, second life esta incontrolable definitvamente.

Lo proximo será que los griefers puedan cambiar las estructuras de los edificios sin el permiso de los administradores burlando los permisos y la seguridad de second life, muchos dirán que eso es imposible, pero no creo que esten tan lejos de lograrlo

Link to post
Share on other sites


Knowl Paine wrote:

 


I check this products and anything dont protect the avatars in the deformation. None of these products protect your avatar from deformation and animation sexual harrasment in yours.

also you cant report by that because they has making your deform anonymous, not name who did it. that report it is almost impossible. What linden labs must do is fix that terrible exploit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Residents who are violating the terms of service by harassing you, purchased the scripted items they are using.

Weapons development in second life is a race. For every known attack, there is a defense. That is just how it works.

It is not an exploit.

I can only suggest that you find better places to visit.

If you are being harassed on land you own, change the land settings.

Avoid visiting areas where scripts are enabled.

Continue to report abuse if you experience it.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I make a investigation about this, so thats is a trick, let me try to explain how a griefer can control you avatar and deform,

for example.

The griefer make a object, and he make and put a object invicible and when you touch the invicible object he catch yours in a trap, because when you touch the object, you give your keled privilegies to the griefer and he can use your all time and permanent, you can log out and enter in second life in diferent days, and the griefer can deform yours or put sexual animation all time when he see you in any area. the only way for stop the control in yours is play my own animation in my self. but when i off my own animation the griefer can control to me again,


I say to the comunity, when enter to the areas press CONTROL ALT T,  and you can see the invicible object, dont touch, and the griefer cant take a control of yours, so but some time this is to hard, because the griefer can hit yours with a object and steal your key privilegies. thats is not exploid really , but anyway thats is to bad

From that thread, it seems some things you can try are:

1.  Mute the person who's controlling you.

2.. Stay out of the region they are in

3.  Go to the World menu (while using the Firestorm viewer) and see if you can find the animations menu item, and revoke permissions.

4.  If none of the above work, file both an Abuse Report against the person controlling you, and a Bug Report.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deformers and animations cannot work on you unless you give your permission by clicking yes on a drop down menu, you attach or wear the item from your inventory after receiving it or you have the Restrained Life Viewer activated.

Therefore to protect yourself, don't give permission to allow an object to animate you unless you yourself requested it or the request is from a trusted friends HUD.  If you use the RLV turn it off.  Also don't accept or wear anything you receive from people you don't know or don't know well enough to trust.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look in your inventory to view what your avatar is wearing. Remove any objects that you do not recognize.

Use a 3rd party viewer like Firestorm.

Create an Alt account.

Visit populated areas or managed regions to avoid being singled out.

Nobody likes griefers'. The goal is to reduce the quantity of griefers'.

I hope that your second life experience improves. :matte-motes-smile:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

 

 
the
next
wil be
the 
griefers
can
change
the
structures
of
the
buildings
with out
permission
from
administrator s
mocking
the
permissions
and
the
security
of
second
life
,
many
will say
that
this
is
impossible
,
but
I
don't
think that
are
so
far
from
achieving
it

 

First we will start with this.  The permissions systems, the ability to modify objects, etc, is written in stone in the servers.  To accomplish this would require a major breach of the SL systems.  In other words, the odds of this happening are about non-existent. 

 


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

when a linden can fix this horrible exploit?,


First of all it is not an "exploit."  What you are seeing is abuse of a legitimate function.  Unless you know a way to cleanse the real world of idiots, there will always be those who abuse things both in Real life and in Second Life.  That, Ivan, is life.

 

 

But as far as fixing this "terrible exploit"  see this thread starting with Message 14.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-09-16/m-p/2208893/thread-id/11999/highlight/true

There are several links there you can read.

Linden Lab added the ability to revoke the permissions you are complaining about several months ago.  If this is not working for you then you need to file a BUG REPORT with as much information as you can supply.  When it happened, where it happened, etc.  But keep it to the point.

On a final note, I certainly feel that I should have the ability to go anywhere I want in SL without being harassed.  I also think I should be able to walk down dark alleys in Real Life without the risk of being robbed.  But because I know Dark Alleys can be dangerous you know what I do?  I avoid them.

So why don't you do the same in SL?  We all know that Griefers like to hang out in certain places so I simply avoid them.  What is so hard about that for you?  So please don't cry to us if you are choosing to spend time in the Dark Alleys of Second Life.  That's YOUR problem.  Not ours.  This is not the first time you have complained about these things.  But it appears that you continue to ignore everyone's advice about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

 

 
the
next
wil be
the 
griefers
can
change
the
structures
of
the
buildings
with out
permission
from
administrator s
mocking
the
permissions
and
the
security
of
second
life
,
many
will say
that
this
is
impossible
,
but
I
don't
think that
are
so
far
from
achieving
it

 

First we will start with this.  The permissions systems, the ability to modify objects, etc, is written in stone in the servers.  To accomplish this would require a major breach of the SL systems.  In other words, the odds of this happening are about non-existent. 

 

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

when a linden can fix this horrible exploit?,


First of all it is not an "exploit."  What you are seeing is abuse of a legitimate function.  Unless you know a way to cleanse the real world of idiots, there will always be those who abuse things both in Real life and in Second Life.  That, Ivan, is life.

 

 

But as far as fixing this "terrible exploit"  see this thread starting with Message 14.

There are several links there you can read.

Linden Lab added the ability to revoke the permissions you are complaining about several months ago.  If this is not working for you then you need to file a
BUG
REPORT
with as much information as you can supply.  When it happened, where it happened, etc.  But keep it to the point.

On a final note, I certainly feel that I should have the ability to go anywhere I want in SL without being harassed.  I also think I should be able to walk down dark alleys in Real Life without the risk of being robbed.  But because I know Dark Alleys can be dangerous you know what I do?  I avoid them.

So why don't you do the same in SL?  We all know that Griefers like to hang out in certain places so I simply avoid them.  What is so hard about that for you?  So please don't cry to us if you are choosing to spend time in the Dark Alleys of Second Life.  That's YOUR problem.  Not ours.  This is not the first time you have complained about these things.  But it appears that you continue to ignore everyone's advice about this.

There are several links there you can read.

Linden Lab added the ability to revoke the permissions you are complaining about several months ago.

 

where i can revoke the permision animations?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:


 

where i can revoke the permision animations?

 

"that change is simply for the viewer to send a message to revoke animation permission from objects rezzed in the sim when you hit 'Me'->'Movement'->'Stop Animating Me' in the viewer's menu."

message 15 in the thread I linked.

When you choose "stop animating me" the permission is revoked now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

other investigation about the permision,

 

i speak with a older player in second life that, i dont want put a real name of this guy

noname:  underform is impossible if one has your perms

Ivantwin:  he deforme me

noname :if he has your perms , he can control yours

Ivantwin:  he can control me all time

nomame: because he has your permissions

noname: theres hdeffo guy with his mechanical hud, that made a sofrt of permaundefroemr

nomame:but dont works always

noname:but if one has your perms, its is the end.

Ivantwin: how the griefer can steal the permisions?

noname: sl markquet place have a lot hud has permission stealer

Ivantwin: wao a permission stealers?

noname: yes

Ivantwin: can i revoke the permision?, i dont give to a troll nothing

noname: sorry ,Ivan, you cannot

noname: do you use Firestorm

Ivantwin:yes

noname: ok from , preference---firestorm--protections--revoke on sit stand--(if also blocked left click in sit)this way nobody will take your permission

noname: but if he has...only linden can do something

Ivantwin: i post a message in a forums about this problem and some body say to me i can revokke, but i know thats is not really true, but thanks for the information

noname: ok your welcome

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a "older member" doesn't always mean they'll know everything or even know about changes that have been made.

You were already linked toa thread that tells you exactly how to revoke the permissions. Whether you choose to listen to advice given to you, from more than once source, is of course your choice. But whoever told you that you can't revoke permissions is, sorry to say it, completely wrong.

I know plenty of people who have been around the grid since beta days, and even the few years after. They'd often be considered "long time" residents as well. There is plenty they, too, like everyone else, do not know. It's perfectly a-ok to be wrong now and then. Human even.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivan, just like you did not know about the change I pointed you to, probably this "older user" does not know about it either.

Did you show them what MAESTRO LINDEN said?

Do you understand WHO Maestro is?

If you are going to call Maestro a liar I hope you are man enough to say it to his face.


Linden Lab made changes to help people deal with the problem.  If you don't want to believe it then go be miserable.  Cause that is sure what it sounds like you prefer to be doing.  But please, take your misery somewhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Tari Landar wrote:

Being a "older member" doesn't always mean they'll know everything or even know about changes that have been made.

You were already linked toa thread that tells you exactly how to revoke the permissions. Whether you choose to listen to advice given to you, from more than once source, is of course your choice. But whoever told you that you can't revoke permissions is, sorry to say it, completely wrong.

I know plenty of people who have been around the grid since beta days, and even the few years after. They'd often be considered "long time" residents as well. There is plenty they, too, like everyone else, do not know. It's perfectly a-ok to be wrong now and then. Human even.

you are wrong, i dont need know all about the stupid griefer attacks, so, i live in second life for long time, and i want enjoy with out stupid inmature ideas or play for stealing to others or destroy servers, i dont need know all really, but i need protect my investments and my friends. :matte-motes-angry:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

thats nice!! PERMISSION HUD STEALERS. lots of this in the sl marquet, Altought this is not an exploid, an item that steal permission for me is very bad :matte-motes-angry:

 

 

I don't quite think you're understanding how permission to animate/control actually works.

While I know it can be used as a griefing tool(what can't these days?), you DID give it permission to animate you. It didn't do it on it's own. You now have been told, more than once, how to stop that, and revoke the permission. The only "bad" thing I see is that you're refusing to accept it, and use the remedy you've been given

Griefing tools, often, rely upon the person who falls for them being ignorant. I'm not using that word in a bad way, but using it based on it's actual definition. Ignorance of how something works can lead us into things we'd rather not be a part of. When we know better, when we know more, we can remedy the issue and prevent it from further happening. We can also inform others and pass that knowledge off. Just as others have given to you. Being unaware that something can, or will(more often) do something you don't want it to do, is just part of that learning process. It sucks when it happens, but it's not the end of the world. It's something that can be fixed, easily.

It's really easy to overreact when something bad happens. More often than not, we can remedy the problem. but overreacting will slow us down in that process. So, I suggest taking a moment to both breathe(aka, calm down) and read what others have given you. Then fix the problem and wave bye bye to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites


IvanTwin Rogers wrote:


Tari Landar wrote:

Being a "older member" doesn't always mean they'll know everything or even know about changes that have been made.

You were already linked toa thread that tells you exactly how to revoke the permissions. Whether you choose to listen to advice given to you, from more than once source, is of course your choice. But whoever told you that you can't revoke permissions is, sorry to say it, completely wrong.

I know plenty of people who have been around the grid since beta days, and even the few years after. They'd often be considered "long time" residents as well. There is plenty they, too, like everyone else, do not know. It's perfectly a-ok to be wrong now and then. Human even.

you are wrong, i dont need know all about the stupid griefer attacks, so, i live in second life for long time, and i want enjoy with out stupid inmature ideas or play for stealing to others or destroy servers, i dont need know all really, but i need protect my investments and my friends. :matte-motes-angry:

 

How am I wrong? The person you talked with is mis-informed. You CAN revoke permissions. I have even walked people through the process myself. Read what's been given to you.

I don't personally care how long someone is in sl, and I don't think one needs to be here any specific length of time, to have knowledge. No one in sl "knows all" anyway. There are no experts at anything, really, we're all human, we all need to learn. Just like in rl. You've been told HOW to protect your investment, and your friends. So.. go do it already!

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

Ivan, just like you did not know about the change I pointed you to, probably this "older user" does not know about it either.

Did you show them what MAESTRO LINDEN said?

Do you understand WHO Maestro is?

If you are going to call Maestro a liar I hope you are man enough to say it to his face.

 

Linden Lab made changes to help people deal with the problem.  If you don't want to believe it then go be miserable.  Cause that is sure what it sounds like you prefer to be doing.  But please, take your misery somewhere else.

ha, i follow the instructions exactly for eliminate the permissions, and this not works, the griefer can control me anywhere

you said, go to movement and press stop animations, and? i follow that and dont not works, i dont say a lier to anypeople, you have a problem with me in my post, i dont care really.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Tari Landar wrote:

It's quite clear you do not want help, do not want the problem fixed and simply need to gripe. Those who don't want help, can't be helped.

Have a fantastic day.

 

I think you are exactly right. It wouldn't matter if there was or was not a solution because this person doesn't want a solution. He wants the people who are bugging him not to exist, and there's no way he can make that happen. This has been a repeated theme in the forum. He seeks these people out and then rants when he finds them.

In spite of the good advice both you and Perrie offered (/me wonders if your names rhyme: the way I've mentally heard them up to now they don't) Ivan will continue to seek griefers and then rant when he finds them.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Tari Landar wrote:

It's quite clear you do not want help, do not want the problem fixed and simply need to gripe. Those who don't want help, can't be helped.

Have a fantastic day.

 

I think you are exactly right. It wouldn't matter if there was or was not a solution because this person doesn't
want
a solution. He wants the people who are bugging him not to exist, and there's no way he can make that happen. This has been a repeated theme in the forum. He seeks these people out and then rants when he finds them.

In spite of the good advice both you and Perrie offered (/me wonders if your names rhyme: the way I've mentally heard them up to now they don't) Ivan will continue to seek griefers and then rant when he finds them.

:matte-motes-angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

more investigations about the permission

 

some friend say to me that

(it also true that the viewer can revoke permission of prims that animate u, but the griefer can rez another one from inventory and u have to stop that manually,so its a pain to try to stop it manually each time somebody rezes the object that has your permission)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...