Blurred photo in picture frame

JoannaVou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I have been having issues wih blurred photos in picture frames. They look fine when I first add the texture/photo to the picture frame but after I relog they are blurry and remain blurry unless I go into edit mode and click on the minimized texture/photo I have chosen from my inventory again, as shown in my screen shot attached. Then it clears. I have to do this with every single log in to clear the picture in my frame and it's becoming a pain. I asked in the firestorm support team and they referred me to this http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/http_fetching_issues  and told me to right click and pick clear texture. Well I did all that and nothing is working. Can someone please tell me how can I fix this permanently?? I really need help! Note: the photo that is blurry is the one I am using on my profile. The other picture frames in my home are all fine. It's just this particular one which is also being used on my profile

wwww.png

I and most people I know see this on other textures, not just those in picture frames.  Until LL fixes this there is nothing that you can do to stop it short of what you have already done, except uncheck HTTP textures if you have it checked or check it if you don't have it checked to see if it makes a difference. That sometimes helps.

Hello again

After hours of trying to figure this out I discovered that the blurriness is connected to my pofile photo. I was using the same photo I had in my SL profile as in the picture frame. When I changed my profile photo to another that I don't have framed the blurriness went away from the frame. I re-logged an checked and yes this issue is connected to using the same photo you have on your profie in a picture frame. Now that I am using another photo on my profile the problem disappeared, YAY!!!!!

I finally figured it out woohooo!!!

Noooo, shouldn't be like that. Can't be like that. Makes absolutely no sense.

Amethyst was correct. Most (or at least many) of us having the same problem ... all the time. It really boils down to precacheing and/or lack of bandwith/speed. Don't you have the same effect with other textures as well? Not just in picture frames but everywhere in world?

If ithe problem was connected with your profile pic at all it should load much faster since your viewer has already precacheed that specific texture.

One possible solution would be to max out your viewer's textures memory, all the way up to 512 MB.

JoannaVou wrote:

I discovered that the blurriness is connected to my pofile photo. I was using the same photo I had in my SL profile as in the picture frame. When I changed my profile photo to another that I don't have framed the blurriness went away from the frame.

Well done on finding that. It is indeed a bug and a very strange one.

If you use a certain texture for a profile image or picks image or groups image, that texture can act very strangely when its used on inworld prims.

Even weirder, if another avatar in range of you has a certain texture as their profile/group/picks image and you apply that texture to a prim inworld, you will see the same bug.

This bug only affects V2/V3 based viewers.

Here is one example repro that will show the bug easily on any V2/V3 based viewer:

• For one of your groups, set the group texture to Plywood from the Library.
  • Rez a cube and texture it with the same plywood texture from the library.
  • Change texture repeats on the cube to be 4 horizontal and 4 vertical.
  • Observe the broken texture on the cube.
  • Login a different avatar to observe the cube - they will see the texture broken also as long as your first avatar is still nearby.
  • Change the groups texture to something different, log out both avatars and relog with one avatar and observe the cubes texture now looks correct.

The blurry image that you saw inworld when using the same texture as you were using on your own profile is a little tricker to reproduce but it is basically the same bug as the above repro.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.