Where is AREA SEARCH on SL Viewer?

LadyD6959 Meistrich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

As already answered, it's not in the official viewer...but Firestorm is not your only option.  Other third party viewers, such as Singularity, also include Area Search.  I'm sure there are others so just do a search of third party viewers for SL and see what suits your fancy!

I am on the latest Linden Lab viewer as of October 2022. I followed the instructions to attempt an Area Search at a busy event.  This box appeared but was not functioning ie nothing happened when I tried to use the various buttons. I see the thread has been inactive for almost 7 years. has anything changed? Area Search is one of the most useful tools to have

Second Life (gyazo.com)

Area Search is still only available in Firestorm. Build > Pathfinding > Linksets can find objects, but only Pathfinding ones. In your example, there aren't any nearby. I got several hits in the places where I tried it, but I don't know what constitutes a "pathfinding" object/linkset. I know that I have not deliberately made any of the objects on my home parcel "pathfinding" and yet I see some of them with this command.

https://gyazo.com/da1352bdb3013dc8d83c89bb6588f52f

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.