Sign in to follow this  
CNikki993

Anti-socials... Are you one?

I know I am. :matte-motes-not-entertained: Weee...

I want to feel less lonely when logging onto this site since I seem to be logging onto it more so lately and yet just walk around having nothing to do, nobody to talk to... Probably cause I look too noobish. xP

So yeah... to fit under this category, I'm looking for friendships.

By speaking about "this side" do you mean the forum (which I would classify as a site) or are you talking about Second Life itself, which is by no means a webside, its not even a browsergame :catvery-happy:

If you don't know what to do, think about what got you to join SL or what other interests and hobbies you have. There is certainly always a place or a group about that specific thing and you may meet others who share your interests. You can also find groups and places that are there to help new people and maybe even some for people who feel "anti-social".

Have you check the newcomer friendly sims in the destinations tab?  You may have to visit two or three before you find one you like and that seems to have the right number of people for you to chat with comfortably.  My personal experience is that the newcomer sites with a small number of people are the easiest for the shy person because the oldbies get excited everytime someone new shows up and will start talking to you right off.

Earlier advice about looking for groups with a shared interest is also good.  Most of the newcomber groups send out information about classes (building, role playing, etc) that you can attend to see if that sort of thing appeals to you.  They also have parties pretty regularly so you have something to do.   Folks at the parties are typically willing to talk with newbies and there is generally enough going on in the public chat that even if you aren't speaking, you're part of a group.

just walk around having nothing to do

So, why do you log in then anyway? When I log into SL, which I do daily, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 times, I always have something to do. If I have nothing on my schedule I just don't log on. Simple as that. Oh, and the talking to people comes automagically with most activities, no need to search for boring chatterbox friends. So my advice is: find a friggin' hobby and become active, join groups, organize events on a regular basis and you'll find many ppl to talk to. Sometimes too much. I often log in with an alt if I wanna get stuff done without being interrupted by IMs and group notices.

I haven't posted in a long time, but I'll go to bat on this one.

I have two responses to your post.

Firstly I see this all too often as a helper at a hub, a newb arrives inworld and wants everything handed to them on a plate, a cool AV, a love interest, and a bunch of friends. They don't want to put any effort into making SL theirs. The onus is on you to take the initiative. I'll give you some advice, don't try attention seeking, you'll come across as very immature, be yourself and ADD TO THE DISCUSSION with relevant points, or maybe a joke or two, you will gain acceptance much quicker that way.

Secondly, trolling is a good way to gain a rep as a bad egg until the only people you have left to troll are other trolls on trolling sims like Korea. Believe me, anyone who trolls on our estate will be banned.

The onus is on you to take the initiative.

Zacly, Leia. In this regard SL is just like RL: You get out what you put in. And Rudy was nice enough to act as negative example, just to demonstrate to poor desoriented CNikki what stuipd, negative and lazy people do and what they become. Don't end up like him!

Orca Flotta wrote:

Don't end up like him!

**********SobSobSob**********

I feel so lonely. Nobody takes any notice of me in the forums, never responding to my posts, nor making rash accusations regarding my identity, nor talking about me behind my back when they don't realise another of my alts is listening in group chat . . .

**********Rudi**********

This thread is a good example of why being an introvert, or antisocial, isn't a bad thing.  Entirely too many people in SL are in it for the social drama, forming their little cliques and sniping at one another.  Don't play their game, OP.  There's no need to.  Find what you enjoy and do it.  Friends will come naturally in time.

This thread is a good example of why being an introvert, or antisocial, isn't a bad thing.  Entirely too many people in SL are in it for the social drama, forming their little cliques and sniping at one another.  Don't play their game, OP.  There's no need to.  Find what you enjoy and do it.  Friends will come naturally in time.

---

Thanks. c= It's not that much different than real life, huh?

What are you into doing?

Think of something you'd like to try and see if there's a sim for it.

I like playing multiplayer zyngo. I go to the same spot and pretty soon i'm a regular and get to know the other players.

I work on uniforms for ww2 roleplay sims and hang out there all the time and pretty soon i'm chatting to everyone. There's groups for all the different countries , allied or axis and once you're in they give notices when they all get together for battles or whatever.

There's Western sims like the old west....i dress up like a Native i like to wander around or even canoe from sim to sim and go meet people.

Just giving you some examples.

Think of something that interests you and it's almost guaranteed there's a sim for it. Even if you're just a wallflower(like me :P) , sooner or later you're gonna make friends.

How can you look noobish! There are many free things and hunts out there. The groups used to be more active, then chat failed over and over and I saw less chatter and stopped using them myself, at least the active ones. There seemed to be little 'real' chat and (It seemed) only the stalkers who stalk me used the chat. So, no more chat groups for me.

Anti-Social. It is funny you claim that and then basically are engaging in socializing, which brings me to realise that you know appear as the Anti-Social, akin to the concept that the Anti-Christ would be appearing to be as a christ, a guy a while back claimed that all mentions seem to add up to this being the description of THE Anti-Christ. A figure who is not only simply against the concept of christ, but appears to be something like a christ himself and is loved in a similar way that jesus had thousands show up at events (sounds like parties of concerts, which I guess they almost where speaking engagements lol) and also ended up with over a billion peple believing.

A living entity in SL with one sixth of SL as friends, devotees and so on. So, I assume Torley is the Anti-Social? Funny, but yeah you are more or less claiming it and blah blah. Once again, looks like stalkers to me. /me shrugs, sad stuff really.

I guess we should consider this post open intelligence? retarded stuff, wow....how pathetic.

Bold = quick read, for those with time limits. An exectutive summery of sorts? Ah, not realy edited or proofread, so far from something so titled! I would be fired or desubscribed by many a executive? lol.

'Anti-social' and wishing to have friends are the topic here, so this post is NOT off topic. Anti-social is the main reason people consider trolls to be worthless to speak to or befriend, unless of course one enjoys the humor of a specific troll. People with opposing opinions, different cooth, and political beliefs are also known as trolls. This mean all humans are trolls. If a person chooses a private life of any type, they are to be assumed anti-social? Since there is little agreement on these things, my statement of the sillyness of open intelligence work becomes more apparent. This is a troll post to someone, just becuase it discusses something at length? There are those who claim it.  Let's explore this somemore, for those who don't fear the tl posts and forgoe the dl and do read....

Troll could mean "Trolling for n00bs" and is looking to sucker people into arguments that are not real. Then I hear people say "you can't trust the internet, it is mostly trolls. So don't bother with putting much into it" and I wonder if people consider those people trolls to.

Troling is a overused and over applied word, and the very nature of a true troll lies in it being almost imperceivable; coming out being optional and maybe time based. Some are NOT trolling for n00bs, they are trolling for troll seekers! Irony abounds here, and the interdynamics and game theory are beyond the scope of this little post! And you thought this was to long and maybe not read!! Oh my, you have seen nothing. Plus, who wants to do the research to back this up just for a few forum posts?

Ironically, if you ban them you give them exactly what they want! Sadly, your efforts to change society by supporting the anti-troll 'nature' that you, at the very least, percieve to be part of your own self almost loses a bit of ground toward ridding your life (a the very least) of trolls.

So, I could assume you play a coy game in which you invite trolls by saying this. You may thus not engage in banning them and chat profusely, thus waisting thier time. They thought they could expend some time, cause mental processes (ironically sometimes the flaming effects come from a sense of rightousness caused by anti-trolls) to cause you to react. The indications of reactions may be pleasing to the troll or possibly it is the thrill of the hunt and trolling is adrenaliine in of itself based on the social notion and specific persons responding are not needed for satisfaction to occur.

In fact, you can argue that saying nothing about trolls and engaing in lengthly conversation with them may cause the conversion of a troll to a friend. They may lay trolling aside after a time period. That is a lofty and most strange goal for many, because many assume the traits that cause trolling would lead the person to not be friendly, anti-social and wothless as a friend.

I jsut realised the funny nature of "FOrum Post" being like a post, a position. Similar to the way the Washington post seemed to have a bunch of spy, spook and other related stuff that made me wonder if the articles where related to some odd SEM/SEO technique to get the huge paranoid conspiracy theory market, a group of anti-socials to some as well. So, we remain on topic....I mean, wouldn't want to be seen as a troll, right? :P

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Poenald Palen wrote:

a stream of unconsciousness . . .

Hey Poe, where can I get whatever it is that you're on?

**********Rudi**********

What do you want?

CNikki993 wrote:

So yeah... to fit under this category, I'm looking for friendships.

What type of friends are you looking for, what interests should they possess that align with yours, and which time periods should they most frequently log in at?

Go back and edit your OP with the answer to all of these questions for better luck in finding the appropriate friends. :matte-motes-big-grin: Friends are discovered through common interests.

Incidentally, anti-social behavior is NOT a trait you should flaunt about in hopes to find friends. Perhaps introverted is the word you're looking for. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

jujmental wrote:

JaedenDelanaire wrote:

Incidentally,
is NOT a trait you should flaunt about in hopes to find friends.

It worked for Ghengis Khan, Julius Caesar, and the Kray Twins, among others.

And me.

© The Judge

God complex anyone? 2 for a dime round here

Leia36 wrote:

jujmental wrote:

JaedenDelanaire wrote:

Incidentally,
is NOT a trait you should flaunt about in hopes to find friends.

It worked for Ghengis Khan, Julius Caesar, and the Kray Twins, among others.

And me.

© The Judge

God complex anyone? 2 for a dime round here

May I point out that I have quoted authorities that had a verifiable physical existence.

On the charge of raising fictitious red herrings while posing as an online trick cyclist: Guilty.

jujmental wrote:

May I point out that I have quoted authorities that had a verifiable physical existence.

On the charge of raising fictitious red herrings while posing as an online trick cyclist: Guilty.

Yea, GUILTY! Get her!!!

... Er.. Wait. No, no, stop! Get the Ru--er, I mean, Judge instead. And yes, he does have a bit of a God complex, but one of a passive aggressive God. I'm sure such a thing exists. Just sure of it.

Hopefully OP is meeting and greeting with people just fine by this point.