NSA spying on Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Paratrex wrote:

That's mostly people's ALTs and newly added BOTS.  I know people with over 20 ALTS.  The lab has never given a way to measure either one of those population factors.

Yet the lab has given a way to see that the population is declining. If you are suggesting they're spinning the numbers, they should fire the head of spin control.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearie - I'm apolitical, unlike you. Your lovely little source direct from the government proved that your 13.2 is fluffed. Read their note below U-6, then sit back and take the time to actually comprehend what it is saying.

I'll bet (and win that bet) that you're one of the polarized, partisan politic tactic followers that cannot comprehend what reality truly entails.

Anyone who brings a political party into their posts as much as you do has no business whatsoever claiming anyone else lives under a rock, dearie. Now then - I suggest you quit while you're ahead and actually USE the forum ignore function instead of claiming you have (and further proving your intent by having lied about it).

Paratrex wrote:

And here is your next reading assignment Lunar.

Ah yes, your next "smoking gun" is a report by one of the most polarized politicians currently serving a term. Sorry, I do not need to read any further than the report's author to know it is a biased, partisan report with very little substance.

Now then, either use that lovely ignore function (without being a drama monger and announcing you've used it, without actually using it) or see if you can find a viable, non-partisan and unbiased source for any of your information - while being able to actually comprehend what you're linking to.

Failure to do so will just mean that you're no better than the partisan nuts on both sides of the political spectrum.

I can not look away or I will forget, its the SILENCE they ruling everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ADDED: Who on Earth are the SILENCE. HELP THEY EVERY WERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Were do all the toasters go................

SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC: THIS UNIT HAS SHUT DOWN DUE TO EXCESSIVE LOAD ON THE SANITY CHIP. UNDER SECTION 6.9.6 PLEASE READ YOUR CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, THE UNIT IS NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CUSTOM. CYBER CORP 8.

Lunar Core wrote:

Dearie
- I'm apolitical, unlike you. Your lovely little source direct from the government proved that your 13.2 is fluffed. Read their note below U-6, then sit back and take the time to actually comprehend what it is saying.

I'll bet (and win that bet) that you're one of the polarized, partisan politic tactic followers that cannot comprehend what reality truly entails.

Anyone who brings a political party into their posts as much as you do has no business whatsoever claiming anyone else lives under a rock,
dearie
. Now then - I suggest you quit while you're ahead and actually USE the forum ignore function instead of claiming you have (and further proving your intent by having lied about it).

This post has nothing to do with the above poster, any participant in this thread, nor commentary on anything said - I've just gained a fondness for the word "dearie" said in a particular way by the character Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold on "Once Upon a Time" and getting to use this clip again (the best "dearie" is said at 0:45 - still looking for a clip that only has the Rumple "Really, Dearie?" without all the other clips):

ETA: There's an "Oh dear...oh dearie, dearie, dear" starting at 1:43.

Paratrex wrote:

That's mostly people's ALTs and newly added BOTS.  I know people with over 20 ALTS.  The lab has never given a way to measure either one of those population factors.

The "Lab" fully knows exactly what % of those logins are ALTs [Thus potential Bots] registered and not registered. Pool 1 [my notation] is all SL sessions operating on the same PC/IP Address combination using well known Text/Script only viewers including phone apps versus well known SL 3D Viewers.  Pool 2 [my notation yet again] is all SL sessions operating on the same IP Address on different PCs using well known Text/Script only viewers versus well known SL 3D Viewers. Pool 3 is everything else, usually classic SL Sessions.

Of course Linden Lab can crunch the data to post correct concurrency data across time.

Interpreting the statistical metrics and the meaning across a measured time frame takes a bit more research & analysis.. An analysis of data traffic by type would accomplish that and in as so far as LL is not violating their own TOS I'm sure that are doing that as well. We know this because A.R.s actually get worked on......eventually.

My point Paratrex, is that YOU have no idea what makes up the trends shown in the posted concurrency charts. You don't have any special access to the raw data to perform the needed research and analysis. Your off repeated pronouncements are only opinions not even close to being factual in nature.

Yet you want to bounce from posted non-sequitur article to article to cover the Fact that you don't have a leg to stand on.

I'm feeling a Shakespeare moment coming on....Towards thee I gaze and call thee by thy true name TROLL!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Paratrex wrote:

Yet the lab has given a way to see that the population is declining. If you are suggesting they're spinning the numbers, they should fire the head of spin control.

Well said sister! :D

steph Arnott wrote:

I udrstood this

"
The "Lab" fully knows exactly wha"

and this

"
I'm feeling a Shakespeare moment coming on....
Towards thee I gaze and call thee by thy true name TROLL!"

in between was just to techy.

I'm sorry Steph - I'm an old statistician and I don't know how to make statistical analysis easily understood -

~~ mea culpa :)

Just call me Granny-Geek like my children do.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Finneli Felwitch wrote:

Wow theres a lot of posts that I did not bother to read. Last time I was in this thread was page 13.

I finished up my finals and then went camping.... in the woods.....with lots of furries.....we had an orgy.........sacrificed a make-shift doll based off 
Pamela Galli's SL avatar....well we included her in the orgy before placing her on the fire and dancing naked around it. 

Two books Pamela, Dragon Bone Hill is meant for someone who is uneducated in human origins. The second book Physical Anthropology, will cover what you are not looking for. 
I did have my suspicions but now you made it clear that you have no interest in the governments of the past. Your only purpose in this thread is to complain. 

Not just fossil record, tools can survive buried. Weapons are tools too, we have found evidence of governments and war. However, like I just mentioned, you are not interested in that. All you want to do is disprove everyone else and back the idea that the NSA is an evil empire.

I know furries and cmaping, we had a laptop, power generator, and projector. Displaying some Redrusker up was a great start for the Pamela Galli orgy.

I can't figure out if this was a failed attempt to be amusing, a lame attempt to somehow insult Pam or a successful attempt to make yourself look like a crazy person.

...Dres

These "anthropologists"  get their feelings hurt very easily. At least the ones that hang out in SL forums. :smileytongue:

Finneli Felwitch wrote:

Wow theres a lot of posts that I did not bother to read. Last time I was in this thread was page 13.

I finished up my finals
and then went camping.... in the woods.....with lots of furries.....we had an orgy.........sacrificed a make-shift doll based off 
Pamela Galli's SL avatar....well we included her in the orgy before placing her on the fire and dancing naked around it. 

Two books Pamela, Dragon Bone Hill is meant for someone who is uneducated in human origins. The second book Physical Anthropology, will cover what you are not looking for. 
I did have my suspicions but now you made it clear that you have no interest in the governments of the past. Your only purpose in this thread is to complain. 

Not just fossil record, tools can survive buried. Weapons are tools too, we have found evidence of governments and war. However, like I just mentioned, you are not interested in that. All you want to do is disprove everyone else and back the idea that the NSA is an evil empire.

I know furries and cmaping, we had a laptop, power generator, and projector. Displaying some Redrusker up was a great start for the Pamela Galli orgy.

Since that post has been repeated several times I finally took the time to read it carefully. Considering you earlier said this: "At possibly Page 9, I listed my current profession; Anthropology.", I found the bolded part of your later post above interesting. Seems to me it might explain some behavior that would be unexpected  for a person established in the scientific professions.

Also -- and normally I would not mention it, but in this case it seems germaine, since Finneli has taken it upon himself to make the claim and thinks it relevant to the discussion -- would a highly educated professional really strew that many comma splices together in one post?  Or omit so many commas in apposition?  

Also:  "based off" -- aren't things based on, not off, other things? 

And finally:  

LIKE vs. AS

Be careful, in similar sentences that use LIKE and AS, the meanings of each sentence are very different. For example:

• As your boss, I must warn you to be careful. (I am your boss.)
  • Like your boss, I must warn you to be careful. (I am not your boss, but he/she and I have similar attitudes.)

All of which is to say that in a forum this kind of claim to authority ("You should believe what I say because I am a rocket surgeon at MIT." ) has no relevance whatsoever. It cannot be proven or disproven -- there is only the evidence contained in the words of the post.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

I'm sorry Steph - I'm an old statistician and I don't know how to make statistical analysis easily understood -

I'm an old **** too, but I know how to make statistics easily comprehensible. For instance, if you want a one in three chance of living forever, always sleep on the floor, because two out of three people die in bed.

Also, to improve your chances of avoiding traffic accidents tenfold, get drunk before you ever get in a car, because 90% of crashes involve only sober drivers.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Just call me
Granny-Geek
like my children do.

My kids call me GOD.

Grumpy Old Dad.

**********Rudi**********

Also, to improve your chances of avoiding traffic accidents tenfold, get drunk before you ever get in a car, because 90% of crashes involve only sober drivers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And 90% of fatalities are caused by drunk drivers. So is your statement designed to be a valid excuse to drink and drive?

steph Arnott wrote:

Also, to improve your chances of avoiding traffic accidents tenfold, get drunk before you ever get in a car, because 90% of crashes involve only sober drivers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And 90% of fatalities are caused by drunk drivers. So is your statement designed to be a
valid excuse to drink and drive
?

Ostensibly, he is unable to drink in excess and walk.  I can't. 

ETA Is the DMV spying on us too?

It is supposed to be a humorous mixed metaphor, a combination of brain surgeon and rocket scientist, but probably only an English language one, so lost in translation.  It is almost always something said of oneself, not others, as a kind of self-deprecation. 

Putting the claim in quotes indicates this is a (humorous) example of someone making some claim to authority based on credentials that cannot be verified. No one in the thread is actually claiming to be a rocket scientist at MIT. 

To continue on the "rocket surgeon" metaphor, my father did small contract work for NASA, and infected me with his interest in space. If you look at all the things we had to know in order to get people into space, physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, materials science, psychology, nutrition, medicine, economics, etc., you might eventually conclude that everything is rocket science (or rocket science is everything?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.