Worn rezing script

Abele Shu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I am trying to fix an avatar that has multiple tail parts in hidden states. What I would like to do is either by clicking the tail or hud (prefered) be able to derez the current tail state, and rez the new one. I suck at creating the scripts for things like this, but I can mod an existing one that will do what I need. Thank you.

Thank you, but this is not exacaly what I'm looking for. your examples just attach and detach worn items from inventory. I want to have one worn item (a base prim) that all the tail states will ez from and then position themselves derezing any previous tail.

Abele Shu wrote:

Thing is they are already done that way with all invisable but the one I'm using. I want to do away with that.

Why?

I mean, you can do the sculptmap animation thing instead, but it's really bad news; it lags everything (except scripts) much worse than the old trick of toggling alpha to make one of n tails visible. About the only thing imaginable that would be worse is the original notion of rezzing a whole new scripted tail and arranging for it to attach (which is also possible, but all kinds of trouble, what with no-rez and/or no-script land, in addition to the lag).

Anyway, I'm interested in why you're trying to avoid the alpha-flipping, potentially augmented with Steph's suggestion of scaling so the invisible states are too small to be seen even with transparent surfaces highlighted.

(I'm not sure rescaling would work for fitted mesh, but sculptmaps were mentioned so that's presumably not a concern. Incidentally, the implementation of Mesh was intentionally nerfed to prevent the sort of geometry-swapping of sculptmap animation, specifically to avoid the lag effects that it creates. Not saying that was a smart decision, but just to point out that it's a real problem.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.