failed to Upload image to your profile feed

Surfaqua Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What does 'getting attention' mean as there has been no update on the Grid Status page for this issue since 12 December?

At least a message that it is still being actively addressed would go a long way to assuring residents that features we have become addicted to  reliant upon are in process.  A simple 'Hi all, it's been awhile since we've updated you (black coal for my stocking!) but we're closer to resolving and hope to have it all up and running again by 2 April 2014.'

Something like that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also very annoying that we "ordinary" residents cannot view the BUG report to see has anything been done so far:
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-4644

What harm would it do if everybody could just VIEW (without commenting ability) the BUG reports I wonder?
Annoying secrecy what I cannot understand.

In Firestorm JIRA there is the following concerning this same bug (created on the 18th Dec):
http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/SLS-43

Whirly Fizzle added a comment - 18/Dec/13, 08:29 PM +0100:
"I'm afraid we can do nothing about this.
Posting snapshots to profile feed is currently broken at Linden lab's end and will not work from any viewer.
Posting private messages is also broken on web profiles currently.
Hopefully Linden lab will fix this soon."

PS
Assignee was marked as: ShouldBeWorkingOnIt Linden  :smileysurprised: :smileyindifferent: :smileytongue:

Yessss, it is infuriating for sure.

Have you got yourself a Flickr yet though?  Nothing to do with Second Life, but a lot of use have a Flickr account, and the best bit is its absolutely free and you get tons of storage, and with Firestorm you can upload photos directly to Flickr (and have a link to it as your signature line here on the forums, or of course add it to your web page details in your profile inworld).

Wow, how about that! Good to know it's being worked on, I saw VWR-28039 which looks exactly like what's happening to me, but it hadn't been updated since Jan 2012 so I wasn't too stoked about it getting fixed. Go dev team!:matte-motes-smile:

(I was gonna say something else here, maybe later.)

My workaround was to switch to Flickr. I need to remember to put a link in my profile.

I haven't been able to post pictures to my feed for a couple of weeks now..Maybe three weeks. It has been so long...I lost count how many. It matters not what viewer you use, nope. Because its a LL problem. When I log on I try to take a snapshot and just sigh heavily to the picture taking its sweet time to post, as I know it is about to fail....and it does :smileysad: Sometimes it will fail instantly. Its all very upsetting. I think what's making this worse for all us is the fact that the Lindens haven't even addressed the issue publicly. You know...to make a post about how borked the Feed is for many people and that, you know, how sorry they are for the inconvenience and...you know..That they are possibly working their hardest to fix it?? Nope...nothing. Like everything is perfectly fine and dandy. This is what pisses me off the most :matte-motes-angry:

secondlee wrote:

It's been about a month now.  Maybe I should just get a flickr account?

Yes. I would recommend everyone get a Flickr account, just because I wish I had got a Flickr account from my first day in Second Life. Its absolutely free nowadays for a huge amount of storage, and much easier to view your photo history than on the feeds anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.