Newb learning to use Daz or 3Dsmax for animation, PLEASE help before I shoot someone!

BlackHeaven1983

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've made a couple animations using QAvimator, but it's IK options are limited, and you can't pose two avatars for interactions...  SO i'm trying on Daz Studio.  Why?  Cuz I'm a 3dsMax user and have made many meshes, but in allllll my searches I have never found a "rigged SL avatar (male and female) for 3dsmax".....Now I'm using Daz studio and found a website that claims to have both the male and female avatars for animation, however, after i import them to Daz, they don't seem to be rigged at all.  When i goto the "Pose & Animate" window, it only shows the male mesh....

SL_Avatar_True_Male is the only selectable thing in the scene...  which leads me to believe it's one solid mesh and there are no bones...  Otherwise i think i would see SL_Avatar_True_Male:Foot and SL_Avatar_True_Male:Head...etc etc...  PLUUUUUS for soooome reason the SL avatar is INVISIBLE!!!!  ......wtf.......   I don't know daz studio, so this is a learning experience, but any help would be appreciated....  cuz after fooling around for a couple hours on google, i still have nothing to show for it....  i'm frustrated.

Please, if someone can tell me where to go to download a proper SL avatar with bones, preferrably male and female, or even just email me the right file, i will be in your debt!  These files can be for Daz studio or for 3dsmax....i don't care....I just want a WORKING file.  please!

Oh, and if someone gives me a link to the wiki creation portal, i might hunt you down and kill you.  I've found that link all over, but there is NO link on that page that downloads a male & female avatar WITH bones for Daz Studio or 3DSmax....and if there is, then it's hidden so well that jack sparrows would be impressed!

For DAZ, you can use the poser files, which you can find here. (Yes it's the wiki and yes it is there, I just checked) Poser 9 is on sale btw for another two days, personally I prefer that over DAZ. Make sure to use the cr2 files.

For 3ds Max, you can use the free version of SLAV, found here. This free version only provides the female avatar and there's no easy way I know of to export bvh files for a non-biped from 3ds Max. Therefor I'd say go with either DAZ or Poser, which are better suited for animation than 3ds Max. (or you can use Blender with Avastar).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.