PIMP My Viewer!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to try this a different way as ostensibly I am asking all the wrong questions.

I just completed my third purchase of identical laptops. 

I run 3 (but tested 5) Linux distros.  One machine will not change - it is a CentOS box that runs perfect for what it was designed, however I had a very sloppy in-world experience.  So I whacked SL from that machine (I didn't want it running there anyway.) 

I tried building both FS and Singularity on both the other machines running Ubuntu (what a god awful distribution) and openSuse respectively.  I get very different results in FPS between the viewers, but not across the machines.  Singularity performs absolutely brilliantly (I think) in terms of FPS when compared to FS. 

However, in reading a few posts the last few days I've learned FPS isn't everything or anything; it just is.

If FPS is not the answer to all, then what is?  I don't build or create machinima - I just exist.

I don't want to open code to tweak as I'm not even sure what I would like to tweak or what needs tweaking aside from having great FPS.  I am aware it is an individual thing so to say, but I am left with with debug settings. 

How do you make your viewer work for you?  Help me to PIMP my viewer!  

Camera angles

FPS

Yaw

NoInventoryLoad

To name a few.  What works best for you and why?  I want to try. 

Agreed, FPS is the most important feature of any viewer (at least for me and my stuntgirl lifestyle) and I found Singularity the bestest viewer in that regard. And I had the subjective impression the FPS was even bettter and SL was running more stable under Manjaro (which is an Arch Linux). In Manjaro Singularity is even in the repo, so you can have it properly installed rather than just running it. Apart from that Manjaro is too complicated and geeky for me so I went back to the very comfortable Mint 16 with Cinnamon desktop. SL is running ok but I have the feeling I don't quite get the same awesome fps. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.