Goodbye to someone who really made a difference

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Describe the color blue.

It's electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of between 461 and 498 nanometres.

Next?

**********Rudi**********

Not if you can't measure it, then your explanation is just pompous drivel, but I'm sure you get that a lot. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Not if you can't measure it

Of course I can ******* measure it. Can't you? Do you have problems with ******* numbers as well as ******* letters?

**********Rudi**********

I bet you can't measure it.

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Well, not wanting to brag, it's actually twelve inches . . .

. . . . but I don't use it as a rule.

**********Rudi**********

You can't use it you mean.

Oh dear, you missed the joke . . .

**********Rudi**********

No, I got it. I don't use it as a rule. Har har.

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

**********Rudi**********

**********Rudi**********

Eventually. After it had been pointed out. I suppose you join in with the canned laughter when watching TV on your own.

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

**********Rudi**********

**********Rudi**********

Eventually. After it had been pointed out. I suppose you join in with the canned laughter when watching TV on your own.

**********Rudi**********

They cannot can laughter. This isn't Wales.

and yes, I use Wales as an insult.

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

They cannot can laughter. This isn't Wales.

and yes, I use Wales as an insult.

Erm, your cultural ignorance is being explicitly demonstrated now, in a double whammy.

**********Rudi**********

Cultural ignorance and Wales, you've got the hang of it now old chap!

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Cultural ignorance and Wales, you've got the hang of it now old chap!

You probably don't understand the underlying principle of penillion.

Or even know what it is.

**********Rudi**********

I actually do: Penillion, the act of something that no one in the world cares about, penillion.

A3123 wrote:

I actually do: Penillion, the act of something that no one in the world cares about, penillion.

Actually the principle of penillion is one I espouse without performing it in the traditional musical way, having transferred it to a digital environment.

It describes the art of saying something that appears in complete discord with the underlying argument, but which has a hidden harmony with the concepts under discussion.

Not that you would recognise such subtle manipulation, of course.

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Actually the principle of penillion is one I espouse without performing it in the traditional musical way, having transferred it to a digital environment.

It describes the art of saying something that appears in complete discord with the underlying argument, but which has a hidden harmony with the concepts under discussion.

Not that you would recognise such subtle manipulation, of course.

**********Rudi**********

Of coarse.

A3123 wrote:

Oh, so you're Dutch now?  A bit of an improvement I suppose.

Didn't get that one either, did you.

I suppose it's a bit deep, and messed up your intent to suggest you influenced me to comment on your apparent illiteracy by mis-spelling "course".

But I trumped you, and you fell for it. A bit easy, but one can only work with the materials presented.

**********Rudi**********

Do you by any chance mean facts like:

The ANC and Mandela were put on the US terrorist list in 1988, when Mandela was already in jail for 25 years.

Mandela was put on the list by a demented, politically matured during the cold war president who supported the apartheid regime.

Draw your own conclusions from these two facts.

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

Mandela was put on the list by the second most powerful man in the world.

FIFY!

The most powerful one being Nancy's astrologer, of course.

**********Rudi**********

You mean third, number one being Henry Hathaway, the director of  Reagan's life  "Wing and a Prayer".

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

Do you by any chance mean facts like:

The ANC and Mandela were put on the US terrorist list in 1988, when Mandela was already in jail for 25 years.

Mandela was put on the list by a demented, politically matured during the cold war president who supported the apartheid regime.

Draw your own conclusions from these two facts.

President Reagan was very aware of what his administration was fighting for.  He was against International sanctions on South Africa that the US Congress wanted to impose.  He despised apartheid:

“Apartheid is an affront to human rights and human dignity. Normal and friendly relations cannot exist between the United States and South Africa until it becomes a dead policy. Americans are of one mind and one heart on this issue.”

President Botha was an ally because it stifled the 'bigger' evil -- the Russians drive to the Cape of Good Hope.  We were at war in 1985, let's not forget.

Insofar as vetoing sanctions he 'helped' the black minority: "...the sanctions ban on sugar imports would imperil 23,000 black farmers, and cutting off Western purchases of natural resources would imperil the jobs of 500,000 black miners."

“Are we truly helping the black people of South Africa—the lifelong victims of apartheid, when we throw them out of work and leave them and their families jobless and hungry in those segregated townships? Or are we simply assuming a moral posture at the expense of the people in whose name we presume to act?”

Draw your own conclusion.

You possibly misread what I wrote.

I said he supported the regime, not the ideology.

I'm in no position to blame him, being the third most important person in the world means you have a lot of things to consider.

Oh...

"Can we abandon a country that has stood beside us in every war we've ever fought, a country that strategically is essential to the free world in its production of minerals we all must have and so forth?

I just feel that, myself, that here, if we're going to sit down at a table and negotiate with the Russians, surely we can keep the door open and continue to negotiate with a friendly nation like South Africa."

I'm not questioning why Reagan supported the SA government. All I am saying is, it was the reason the ANC and Mandela ended up on the terrorist watch list.

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

I'm not questioning why Reagan supported the SA government. All I am saying is, it was the reason the ANC and Mandela ended up on the terrorist watch list.

Are you trying to say that being on the terror list had nothing to do with Mr. Mandela and his ANC that condoned and practiced terrorism in their struggle for power?  Or that ANC and Mr. Mandela aligned themselves with Mr. Gadhafi and Mr. Castro?  Look at the freedom their two respective countries enjoy some 25 yrs. later. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.