Global Map of Regions

AngelHorny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Most welcome!  Now I want to go see if the Japanese area is still there.  lol

Yes, the Japanese area is still up and running. Surely the nicest looking houses of all Linden Homes are there.

Anyway the Japanese area suffers the same feel of "boring, nothing to do" as all other Linden Homes areas. The reason for the boring feeling is that there is not enough variation in the scenery. Same pattern of similar houses and trees repeating and repeating as far as one can see. Increasing the draw distance to about 500 meters one can really see the dull non-interesting scenery layout.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ah, thank you Coby & Hugsy. 

*Adds checking out the Japanese Linden Homes for nostalgia to going to Truth (whether I can handle it or not aside) to see the Bot Beggar.* 

There's still a Bot Begger at Truth?  Gah!  I saw one there almost a year ago, and it ran a sophisticated text script, and I have no doubt snagged people. 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

*Adds checking out the Japanese Linden Homes for nostalgia to going to Truth (whether I can handle it or not aside) to see the Bot Beggar.* 

There's still a Bot Begger at Truth?  Gah!  I saw one there almost a year ago, and it ran a sophisticated text script, and I have no doubt snagged people. 

I haven't made it over to Truth yet but according to this post it has reappeared....or never left.

*Note to self to really go check*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I haven't made it over to Truth yet but according to
it has reappeared....or never left.

Yup, that's how it goes.  Almost word-for-word the same script.  First the avatar IMs you to claim you bumped them, then they tell you how cute you are.  They ask if you made your own shape, and tell about their relationship-gone-bad.  They wrap up by asking for money.

It doesn't matter what replies you post to them, they have a prearranged script they're working from.  So, I suspect it's a scripted bot.  There may be a person who logs into that account to check the progress occasionally, so individuals may encounter some real-time response, but mostly everyone gets the same speel toss at them.

When I was there, the sim owner came on, and I IMd them to report the begger bot, as I figured they'd want to know.  But, nothing changed. 

Since this is consistently at certain sim, I wonder what the connection is between the "begger" and the sim? 

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I haven't made it over to Truth yet but according to
it has reappeared....or never left.

Yup, that's how it goes.  Almost word-for-word the same script.  First the avatar IMs you to claim you bumped them, then they tell you how cute you are.  They ask if you made your own shape, and tell about their relationship-gone-bad.  They wrap up by asking for money.

It doesn't matter what replies you post to them, they have a prearranged script they're working from.  So, I suspect it's a scripted bot.  There may be a person who logs into that account to check the progress occasionally, so individuals may encounter some real-time response, but mostly everyone gets the same speel toss at them.

When I was there, the sim owner came on, and I IMd them to report the begger bot, as I figured they'd want to know.  But, nothing changed. 

Since this is consistently at certain sim, I wonder what the connection is between the "begger" and the sim? 

Now that I'm thinking of this again, I recalled a blog article where this person or someone similar was interviewed.  I found it here.  You make an interesting point about the beggar bot being consistently at one sim.

Orca Flotta wrote:

Oh people, now come on, orientation in SL is so foxing easy. It's just a question of habits to get a sense of place and always knowing where you are. I always open the wold map if I come to a place I wasn't before. Then I zoom out and see on which continent or on which estate that sim is. And since I know where my home is I have a fairly good idea of where I am in relation to my home. We only have a handful of mainland continents, which are easily recognizable by their outlines and general layout. Also there are some other hints that are dead giveaways. In no particular order:

If you are on an adult sim you're almost certainly =
Zindra

if you're sourrounded by many rivers or you find  yourself in a huuuge snowy area =
Sansara

when you see many well-kempt hedges and lots of billboards on the side of roads =
Corsica

many train tracks and a once beautiful lagoon turned into a fugly suburb =
Heterocera

small peanut shaped, completely circumnavigable continent =
Gaeta V

half-finished with lots of water on the west coast =
Gaeta I

a totally puzzled ragtag continent with lots of badly laid out waterways =
Nautilus

a huge fjord going almost thru the whole continent =
Jeogeot

a continent that looks like 2 jumping dolphins =
Mãebaleia

Also it must be mentioned there are also waterway corridors not only between Sansara and Heterocera but also 2 from Nautilus to Corsica and one from Corsica to Gaeta V. Nautilus and Mãebaleia are connected by the Bingo Strait and Nautilus City, so they form one big supercontinent.

Gaeta was planned as a setup  of 7 continents but they got stuck on 1.5 since 2009. Zindra is also only semifinished and will probably never get anywhere. As so often LL totally mucked up the world planning with hilariously expensive tier costs and wrong continental layout. Instead of incorporating the
Linden Homes
continents into the general setup of mainlands they placed them somwhere on the grid and by that created the most boring and undesirable places to call home ... ever. I call them
n00b ghettos 
:smileysad:

Concise and thorough round up of the Linden Continents. It did take me a while to realise Mãebaleia is a different name for Satori, though. I have not noticed it called that before.

The wiki has an article on the continents and a map (including private ones), I am surprised no one else has mentioned.

Aethelwine wrote:

Concise and thorough round up of the Linden Continents. It did take me a while to realise Mãebaleia is a different name for Satori, though. I have not noticed it called that before.

The
and a map (including private ones), I am surprised no one else has mentioned.

Thank you for that link. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.