Can't open inventory for a few days... tried clearing cache. Any suggestions?

miso Tiramisu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Thanks for your reply, Marigold.  You are correct - no window will open when I click on INVENTORY.   Cleared cache, reinstalled SL with latest version, Second Life 3.6.11 (283787) Nov 12 2013.

Internet connection should be okay but will router reboot if needed.   I am trying another Viewer now - Firestorm.

I did get a driver update notice on login with SL viewer.  Perhaps that is the issue?

Thanks again, will write back when resolved.

Update 12/5 7 p.m. -

Tried all mentioned above but Firestorm viewer.

Router reboot/hardwire connection an updated drivers.  Also went to different sims and no change.  Can not access Inventory window.Click on Inventory and no window.  I know my sim was restarted.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Resolved... inventory window was hiding under desktop taskbar on laptop monitor. 

4 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, miso

When you say you can't open your inventory, do you mean the inventory button does not cause the inventory window to activate at all, or is it that it just does not load?

Can you tell us please which viewer you are using (this might or might not have some relevance).

You can add more to this thread by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

Important to note, Second Life will be extra quirky if your connection to the servers is diminished at all.  Please reset your router, and be on a hard wired connection if possible.

And do let us know of any progress - what works for one does not always work for another but it is always helpful to know when solutions have been given.

Good luck!

Edited to add:

You could also try opening your inventory on a different sim.  Go to an empty waterland sim such as Furball or Quarrel or Robinson.  It might be a sim-related issue that a restart will fix.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.