Daemion Fallen

Relationship Problems..

Please keep in mind that I am using my phone and it's pretty hard to type.. So I am in an SL and RL relationship, my RL partner is my SL brother who kniws about my relationship but that's not what I am writing about. My SL partner knows I am in an RL relationship and doesn't mind he said he just wanted SL but now he wants to add me to jis real Facebook so we can chat when we are at work.. I said no because thats too personal and to much RL interfereing, we don't see each other much because of our time zones and our work schedules.. and since I told him no to the RL Facebook thing he rarley speaks to me.. we wefe ment to get married yesterday and instead we stood in his house while hr skyped with his friends. My RL partnrr is mad at the way he has been treating me and tells me to end it and honedtly I wabt to but I dont want to hurt him.. I have asked advice ftom my family and friends and they say to un partner and De friend block and be done but that sounds to harsh when he hasn't really done anything that bad besides ignore me when I'm with him.. I guess what im asking is how do you leave someone without being an ass or without making a new alt (which has been suggested) again sorry for any mistakes.. I am doing this from my phone lol

So I am in an SL and RL relationship, my RL partner is my SL brother

Ok...sorry, but I'm totally confused. Your RL partner is your SL brother?

*blinks his eyes, trying to wrap his head around that sentence*

Regardless of that, the solution is simple. If he wants RL and you don't and he's being an ass and ignoring you, you need to defriend him and dump his sorry ass. Period. Plain and Simple. If he can't respect your limits, then you have no need for him. Once you do FB together, then what...skype? email? And the farther you head down this road, the more difficult it will be to end it.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of him. But first....would you PLEASE explain that sentence to me...

Hi Daemion. Personally i do not see this as a problem. If someone was intereferring with my rl ( fb and skype is rl) i would explain politely and defriend. You need to decide what you and your rl partner want. If it bothers your other half you need to do this. Take care and hope everything goes well.

Tex Monday wrote:

I stopped about there as well too, Tex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

This sounds like a perfect candidate for MTV Catfish UK.

Though actually I think I understand what the OP is saying.  Should I be scared that I do?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

This sounds like a perfect candidate for

Though actually I think I understand what the OP is saying.  Should I be scared that I do?

Ooooo...great idea re: the Catfish program.

I read the line about how who is related to whom a few times and it began to sink in; just one of those "Ummmm....HUH?" moments.  Now that I  *think* I understand it, yes, still a great candidate for the Catfish show.

Tex Monday wrote:

Let me see if I can explain it the way I understand it... Daemion has a partner in RL who rollplays his brother in SL.  He also has an SL partner, who is getting too RL personal with the Facebook friending request.

@Daemion: What you need to do is sit this guy down and tell him unequivocally that you don't appreciate him pressuring you to interact with him outside the realm of SL... and that if he doesn't cut it out, it's over between you.  That way the decision is his and you won't look like an ass when you end it.

If, by chance, you've already tried this and he agreed to your terms, but is now throwing attitude your way because of it, just tell him he's being an ass and you won't put up with it anymore.

Good luck ...Dres

• Like 1

Too much drama

Simple question.. is this situation making SL enjoyable for you or not? If not, then it's sort of obvious what needs to be done.

Don't worry so much about other people's feelings, especially people that can't respect your wishes or play games with your emotions to get what they want. If you keep worrying about hurting people you'll end up afraid to do anything at all because it might offend someone. Something else to think about.... maybe he's blowing you off because he wants you to go away now since you aren't willing to take the relationship to RL.

Just my .02

Daemion Fallen wrote:

I guess what im asking is how do you leave someone without being an ass or without making a new alt (which has been suggested)

Try this:-

Unpartner in SL, block avatar, de-friend in whatever other social crap there is out there.

That's it, that's all there is to it.  Why care about whether anyone thinks you're an ass or not?  No long lingering "sorry" junk, no "goodbye's", if you're done you're done, move on, it doesn't matter you don't have to see them.  Easy!

If you need the L$ to unpartner, just call me.

You don't need to explain or justify yourself. If the FB contact was too much real life, that should have been enough information for the SL partner to either accept your SL relationship as being in SL only, or for you both to be mature enough to agree that you're wanting different things and break off from each other.

No need to be feeling like an ass about this. Many relationships/friendships just end, and this one sounds like it has run its course.

Tex Monday wrote:

Regardless of that, the solution is simple. If he wants RL and you don't and he's being an ass and ignoring you, you need to defriend him and dump his sorry ass. Period. Plain and Simple. If he can't respect your limits, then you have no need for him. Once you do FB together, then what...skype? email? And the farther you head down this road, the more difficult it will be to end it.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of him. But first....would you PLEASE explain that sentence to me...

"JE-RRee .... JE-RRee ... JE-RRee"

I had to read that sentence several times too. Be worse though if it was RL brother is SL partner :matte-motes-shocked:

• Haha 1

Exactly, its so they arent partners in sl.. its fine sounding .. better then the other way around. And what you said was right. She and he both agreed to SL only and he wants to change it.. He doesnt get what he wants and then acts like a baby. I would leave him. Not worth the mama drama.

Thanks everyone for the great responses and to the ones that gave me a laugh xD I sat him down and asked him what he really wanted and in the end we decided we would make better friends yhan anything.. and after that choice was made everything got better for the both of us.. well it seems like it did..

And I dont understand why this would make a good catfish episode lol he new I am in a relationship RL, they both new about each other lol but I haven't seen this catfish show before soi don't know what I'm talking about lol

Thanks again to all that helped

D

• Like 1

Daemion Fallen wrote:

Thanks everyone for the great responses and to the ones that gave me a laugh
xD
I sat him down and asked him what he really wanted and in the end we decided we would make better friends yhan anything.. and after that choice was made everything got better for the both of us.. well it seems like it did..

And I dont understand why this would make a good catfish episode lol he new I am in a relationship RL, they both new about each other lol but I haven't seen this catfish show before soi don't know what I'm talking about lol

Thanks again to all that helped

D

I'm glad things worked out well for you and hope that they continue to do so.  The Catfish part came about because some here mistakenly thought that you were dating your SL brother and, since I haven't seen it either, I can only assume that incestuous relationships is a subject somehow brought up in the show.

...Dres

Can i tell you something in additional though..

Youre saying your RL partner is your brother in SL.. (kinda odd to me but okay haha).

Seems then that your RL relationship works out fine? Wonder why you would go in partnership in SL with someone else, I hope for you that this will not cause any issues, such as jealousy. This is probably personal so dont answer if you dont want to.

My personal suggestion though is.. it MAY and CAN happen that if you partner someone else beside your RL partner, that if you keep in relation for a long time you may become closer with this person and start to get actual real feelings for this person, and this CAN happen very quickly and before you even realize it, so maybe you should be carefull and watch out for this.

Glad that atleast the problem you posted about is taken care of :)

Just another person who thought they could get your rl stuff. If people ask about that the first few days you meet them, there not worth it. If they get pissed off because you didn't give that too them, block em. My rule is never give people rl info unless you know them for at least 3 months. Usually you can tell if someones worthy of it in the first week or 2. 

i got a bit conused with the rl ,sl sl bother partner facebook , stuff my sujestion is do what makes your REAL LIFE a success do what you need to do in your  REAL LIFE  so your sl brother person ger mad they will get it over and you will find another sl partner brother person but your  REAL LIFE  should never be on the gambling table , in sl people only let you see what they want to and you may do some damage in your REAL LIFE  and everyone that has been in sl for awhile always says REAL LIFE FRIST  

17 hours ago, swb1956 said:

HOE DO U DELETE A MARRIAGE

Did you mean "How do you delete a marriage?"

If so, Rolig already gave you a pointer when you asked earlier.

Did you mean "Ho, do you delete a marriage?"

If so, you'll have to ask the ho.

Did you mean "Ho! Do you delete a marriage?"

If so... Hey! Yes, 15 years ago.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1