Club here since 05 needs help with how to fix a problem!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was diagnosed with a terminal illness and could no longer afford a whole sim on SL. I had to pay for medicine. For the first time in 7 years, I had to move my club.

We were doing well before the move. We had good crowds...nothing spectacular, but then it hasn't been spectacular since 07.

I needed the SLUrl changed in DESTINATIONS so I submitted a ticket but was told it was not their department, that I needed to email the editor, which I did 5x. and requested that they simply change our SLUrl in DESTINATIONS....now, 5 emails later and over 60 days later people searching for my club are taken to a welcome center because the sim I owned no longer exists.

Because the sim no longer exists and the destination is invalid our posts for events are not showing up either.

I am at my wits end.

I have sponsors pulling out, staff quitting and the lucky ones that DO manage to find us, not staying because the club is empty and because we do not have the traffic.

I was reading in the forums where a guy that owned a store had the same trouble and after a year of emailing and trying to get help finally gave up and closed his business.

This club has been around since 2005. I refuse to give up easy.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to remedy this?

Sl is a great place to be but I am losing the faith!

TY in advance for your help!

Please help us to keep going . We all love working at Club Carnage and need our destion fixed so we can get all the rocking guests back and bring more people to sl and to our rocking club . We have great events that people are missing out on loads of great prizes from Clothing to cars . SO PLEASE PLEASE help us :matte-motes-big-grin:

Surely it cannot be that difficult for someone in a so called technical capacity to simply change one url to another, or are they just not bothering because you downgraded and they are hoping you will go back ?.

This is a great club that ive been attending for at least 3 years and still do in the new location but only because i happen to have the Landmark and havnt had to use the search to find it.  

Please LL get your finger out and help these nice people, come on been open since 05 how many clubs last that long ? how many last more than 3 months.

I also hope they can fix that problem. I started hanging out at Carnage back in 2006, the I worked there for several months, first as a dancer, then as a hostess. It's such a great place to hang out and to work as well. I remember there was no other club like Carnage. Always crowded, so cool. I would hate to see it disappear for this absurd reason. It makes no sense at all.

Good luck, Caem. I'm glad to see you still fight for Carnage. I miss you guys!

This is so typical of LL, pass the buck agai and again. I have only recently dicovered Club Carnage and have only been able to attend a few events but the place is really good. 

Sadly the problems you are having are not new, many SL users simply can not be bothered to make the effort to find a popular hang out when it moves, I have had similar problems myself. However, please do not give up, someone out there will have a solution, i know it. 

In the meantime, as a fellow club owner, I would like to offer my help in any way that I possibly can. I can't offer much, I do not work in RL due to ill health, but woould be happy to come to Club Carnage and show my support by working for free in any capacity. I am currently working on setting up as a DJ, having exprience of this as radio presenter in RL, and will gladly offer my services, and that of my staff here at Club Visage, whenever you need it.

Startrucker Skall (AKA DJ Trucker)

I cant believe. someone like caemyln would be avoided like this.. she has been an outstanding member of the sl community.. I for one loved club carnage.. and was sad to see she had to move it.. but not helping her out with this matter is horrible.. someone like her .. a kind women. with a terminal illness who comes here just for fun.. I cant believe how mean people can be... please fix her problem... thank you.

I hope things will improve for you.

You should file another Ticket with Support and include the steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue. Clarify that the suggested contact is non-responsive. 

I would guess that a request like this might take no longer than 3-5 days to resolve, if it is truly a matter of a simple edit. Follow up with Support weekly, until the issue is resolved.

Bump this thread during Lab hours, to enhance exposure.

What I always wonder, is if a hypothetical Bob the editor, is literally sitting 10 feet away from Support. They could just walk over to him and say, "Bob, can you fix this". I hope it's not like that.

If I do the work myself, you're not helping me. ps, don't say anything like this in a Ticket. lol 

OK.  I don't visit clubs but saw your post and did a little sleuthing.

Your club appears in PLACES, CLASSIFIES and really in EVENTS (many listings) when people search so you are doing something right.

It SEEMS like whoever is supposed to be handling the destination guide is "on vacation" in that the Rockabilly event is still listed in the top events and it has been over for some time :D.

SOOOOO -- my only suggestion is to submit a NEW destination and hope that they pick that up. Again, things seems to be spread pretty thin at The Lab as it is taking a long time for most anything to get fixed (money OUT is faster though - yeah!).

This is an issue whenever someone moves. But "smart" folks know to look in search. It also may just be a time of year thing. There is so very much going on and people have real lives to tend to (happily) that SL sometimes gets left behind. I know my store sales have been off the last couple of weeks.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear of your problem.  The only thin i can suggest is if all the other suggestions fail send snail mail to the CEO return receipt requested, and outline everything you have done to get it fixed and still were IGNORED.

The building that houses LL isn't so big that someone from support couldn't take five mnutes to walk the request to the proper desk and get it fixed then and there.  But i guess that will happen when pigs fly.  Just another example of LL's poor customer service. 

pigs flying at LL.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.