Trying to figure out the temp prim formula on a homested

Rick Quonset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The formula for full sims was given back in 2009 by Andrew Linden in the old, old forums.    I don't think there's ever been a formula given for homesteads, or whether the other homesteads on the server share the pool of prims available for temp rezzing.

Please note that abusing temp rez to gain, in effect, permanent free extra prims is really bad practice, not least because the strain it puts on a sim slows everything else down markedly (lags the sim, in otherr words).   I would expect this to be particularly the case on a homestead.

Rick Quonset wrote:

So the limit is 500 then?

Not necessarily.  No one here can say for sure  since we don't know if the formula for homesteads is different than full sims.

The MAXIMUM temp prims you can have on even the largest parcel on a FULL sim, no matter how large the parcel. is 1000 over your normal prim limit.  A homestead has only a quarter of the prims a full sim has so it may be the max limit on a homestead is smaller.  It would make sense since homesteads are not designed to bear the same load as a full sim. 

You are restricted with what you can put on a homestead even though there are no restrictions on a quarter of a full sim.  Homesteads are limited to residential or light commercial use and LL does not guarantee that all scripts will run correctly on a homestead.  If you do anything that LL considers abuse of a homestead, LL will not provide any support if something goes wrong with the sim.

If I were you I would submit a ticket and ask LL what your limit is or ask your estate owner.  If you use a temp rezzer and go over the limit, the sim will start to return your normal prims to bring you into compliance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.